Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone post up a picture of the silver Trail Team Edition front shocks. I am going to trade out my front RC top mount spacer and go to the Toytec adjustable coilovers used with the Bilstein 5100/TTE/TRD shocks. I had a buddy give me a set of silver bilstein's with a blue boot on them that he thought were from a TTE, but the spring seat on them looks different from the 5100's and the TRD's. I just want to make sure I have the right shocks before I get started on tear down. Here are some pictures of the shocks that I have. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0087.jpg

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Could someone post up a picture of the silver Trail Team Edition front shocks. I am going to trade out my front RC top mount spacer and go to the Toytec adjustable coilovers used with the Bilstein 5100/TTE/TRD shocks. I had a buddy give me a set of silver bilstein's with a blue boot on them that he thought were from a TTE, but the spring seat on them looks different from the 5100's and the TRD's. I just want to make sure I have the right shocks before I get started on tear down. Here are some pictures of the shocks that I have. If anybody can help I would appreciate it. View attachment 39707 View attachment 39708
You just posted pictures of TT shocks :) TT, TRD (red version), TTE are all the same Bilstein shock, pretty good one too.

5100s are different, they have 4 positions for the stop ring - adjustable.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You just posted pictures of TT shocks :) TT, TRD (red version), TTE are all the same Bilstein shock, pretty good one too.

5100s are different, they have 4 positions for the stop ring - adjustable.

Thanks! That was what I was wanting to confirm. I was looking at pictures of the 5100's and the red TRD's and noticed they both had a different style of spring seat on them and I started to worry that my shocks were not the TTE's. Looks like I am good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts