Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've rewritten my build up to include recent upgrades to the FJ. I want to give special thanks to all of you on this forum who've given me great ideas and opinions on things I've needed help with. My build is a lot of "been there done that types" I've followed the examples of many of the forum's pioneers. I'll try linking to most of those mods I incorporated into my Mod list. Some of the mods you see are my own little ideas that I guess has made my vehicle my own. I hope you can use some of these on your own FJ no matter the color :)

The closest to Stock photo I have.

Rack

Gobi Stealth Rack. I'm an avid camper and needed something to haul all my gear. This has certainly paid for itself.

Gobi Ladder. You lose the function of the back window, but I'm working on a way to hinge the ladder so I can use it.

Sliders

Trail Gear Sliders

Painted

.....Thanks Dragon for showing the way!

Wheels -How To-

Mirrors -How To-

Handles -How To-

Bezel - How To

Lift & Suspension

Toytec FJ3-FRCC Lift Kit -How To-
OME-N71 rear shocks and FJRL16 rear brake line extension kit. Also added a TAC-DR-05 Front Diff Drop Kit.

Future mods -
I'm waiting for ToyTec to come out w/ their coil overs to upgrade.
UCA's and lower Links

Interior Gizmo's and Electronics

Wet Okole Seat Covers

12 Volt Socket Added - Thanks Big Bill and Ruebarb

Infinity Speakers throughout and an Alpine Amp added under passenger's seat

Garmin 60csx w/ City Navigator, Us Topo and a Lobster Mount.

Cobra 75wxt and Ipod. You'll notice I use the mount here for multiple applications. It works great.

Bandi Mount

Yaesu VX-7R HT - got an external antenna to hook to this.

Water Bottle - Non-Spilling Holder using the mount

Another Water Bottle Location using the handle bolt and a bracket I made, I really only use it off roading

Curtain Divider I made for keeping my 140lb American Bulldog from getting up front. Though if he wanted toooooo.....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Silverdusk's Ride

My Mini Box I built. The front section removes and the seats fold back up for use. Thanks Corey and Landcruiser Steve.

Full Floor

Back Seats in Use

Here you can see the false floor over the rear seats

This is the Floor piece

Drawers

Drawers Finished. Gotta have your tools!

And the main reason for the Box/Floor. He's a big guy and was sliding all over the place. Gotta look out for your Trail Dog.

Specs for those who want em. If ya have questions, feel free to ask.

Maplight and Scangauge 2. Thanks Wesayso!

Working lights and Homelink

Recovery and Tools.

X-Jack

I originally used the grocery hooks to make a strap for the Xjack. -How To-

X-Jack is now mounted under the exposed part of my truck box in this picture.

Black Rat Snatch Strap, Tree Saver Strap and Snatch Block and Shackles.

Now Stored in my ARB Recover bag. Very Nicely made I must add.

And Secured to the Strap Mod

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Powertank and Fire Extinguisher- Thanks Group Buy!

Shovel and Axe on rear Door ((Bolted Into the metal of the door)). Now secured w/ a steel cable for safety incase of collision - Not in Picture.

Engine, Exhaust

AFE CAI - Thanks Joel!

The Hole

Port Plugged

Magnaflow 11226 Muffler and I had a custom Chop done for additional clearnace.

Painless Dual Battery Setup .Thanks Sol.

Switch Location for Dual Battery. Thanks KD7NAC_07FJ

Armor for now.

Expedtion One Front Bumper w/ a Warn M8000. You might Notice the Bezel is now black.

This is a closeup of the mounting Box I made outta aluminm for the Warn Control Box. Also you can see my 100' Blue Amsteel Syn. Line

Budbuilt skids on the way.
Future Mods-
Lower Links, Diff Skid .. among many others on my wish list.

Electrial and Lighting

In Cab Winch Controls

Rack Lighting - Hella ff550's

Piaa 510 Fog Lights and 520's mounted on Bumper "see above pictures"
Blue Sea Box Installed in Passenger's foot kick panel.

A bracket for all those relay's and a circuit breaker for the Blue Sea Box

Wheels and tires
Stock Steels and Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's 33/12.50/17's

Spydertrax Wheel spacers

A few Glamor shots :)

It's hard remembering all the little things I've done, but to name a few PiAA Lights all the way around; Mirrors, Back up lights and Headlights
SCUBA Driver Rear Differential & E-Locker Breather MOD- Thanks Shadow Warrior!

This is the first vehicle in my 39 years I've truly ever worked on. I've learned more about electrical, engines, suspension and getting my hands dirty than ever before. I know I have a lot to learn and that's one of the many reasons I love chatting w/ you fine folks here. I truly appreciate all the guidance, help and advice I've gained here.

Dan

·
Registered
4,337 Posts

Very nice. I'm wondering what she tips the scales at now.

·
Registered
296 Posts

Great FJ. That's what I like to see, not just a show truck, an actual go out and just try to get it stuck FJ. Very nicely done, so far.

·
Premium Member
16,662 Posts

Excellent job on the build up! I like it the clamps on the back door for the shovel and axe. Is that a custom job on your part or did you have somebody make those clamps for you. Thanks for sharing. chris

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Excellent job on the build up! I like it the clamps on the back door for the shovel and axe. Is that a custom job on your part or did you have somebody make those clamps for you. Thanks for sharing. chris
Aye, I made them. They are Quickfist clamps that I mounted. Check my sig for a link to the "how to" and thank you. Keeps em outta the weather too.

Any questions on it just ask. I'll be happy to help.

Well......what's next. :)
Bud built skids are on order, and soon as I can afford it I'll go with 16" AR Chambers with 305/70/R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ's and the Exp One rear bumper.

As for homemade mods. Right now I'm working on some protectors for the mirrors. They'll just lay on the front ((padded)) of the mirrors and will be held in place w/ simple corded bungees and clips for easy removal and installation.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts

:bigthumb: Man, you've got it all done real nice! Love the tool set up. Your rig is an inspiration.

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts

Great job SILVERDUSK!

You have given me some ideas and my MOD LIST is now longer. :indifferent:

·
Premium Member
16,662 Posts

Silverdusk,
I followed your sig and I really like the set-up. Thanks for sharing. chris

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

Silverdusk that is a terrific post and a great job on your build.

I am drooling for your cargo box. Just gorgeous. You oughta sell those. And love the way you are storing so much in the back while keeping plenty of room for the dog.

I am following your lead and am gonna be moving stuff off the roof rack and into the rear similiar to the way you are. I'm doing this to get the center of gravity down lower and get some MPG/performance gains by getting rid of the roof rack altogether.

Again, my compliments on a beautifully put-together FJ!

·
Registered
98 Posts

Very nice! i really like the way so many of your mods are homemade, and how funtional all you stuff is. i too really like that box, once i load the back out my shepherd doesn't have much room at all. that looks like it will do the trick though.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

A truly inspirational job. Thanks for the great ideas.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

Yeah just saw this thread again. Silverdusk you have really made a winner- so functional and useful. And the drawers are still insane. Love all the stuff you've done.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts