Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im looking to just get some more bass into the FJ. i absolutely love the system that is already in it (FJammer with factory sub in the back) but i want to buy either one large sub or two smaller subs for an upgrade. here is a set up i am thinking is decent. i have installed a couple systems before and picked most of the components off of crutchfield.com

2 10" jl 10w1v2 in the wicked cas box.
Wicked C.A.S. :: Magic Boxes :: Toyota :: Toyota - FJ Cruiser 2X10w1v2 w/Subs Loaded

Kenwood KAC-8103D
1000W Class D Monoblock Amplifier
Kenwood KAC-8103D Amp: Mono

what else do i need to hook it up to the FJammer?

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I installed a Mac-Audio Compact 220 I had laying around. It had Hi-Inputs, so connecting it to the existing system was no problem.

I don't think you can get them in the US, I bought mine for my Elise when I stilled lived in Switzerland. It was the only sub that would fit in that car, w/o being custom.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I keprt the factory sub box and put an 8" kicker VR in it. Sounds Good

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hhahahah okay so then how do u go about just getting output to the amp. is it one of those funky adapters? now would be a good time for someone who has either done this or has seen what connections are on the back of the fjammer reciever to chime in.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
hhahahah okay so then how do u go about just getting output to the amp. is it one of those funky adapters? now would be a good time for someone who has either done this or has seen what connections are on the back of the fjammer reciever to chime in.
The FJ has the stock wiring for its sub already in the back...It is not low level RCA, it is Hi-Level. The sub I installed had hi input teminals, so my installed just required to extend off the original wiring.
The FJammer itself does not have RCA, nor any kind of low level out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so i listened to a buddy of mines 12 w6 tonight and decided that that is the sub i want to have in the fj. my question now is what set up would u use to use a 12 w6 in the FJ in a clean way. i need amp reccommendations as well. would you reccommend using the wicked 12" custom enclosure?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts