Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

a 12" sony dual-voice coil at 4 ohm peak rms 450 w is

for both coils ? or only 1 ?

so i f i have a 4 channel amp bridged at 4 ohms 2x400watts so if i wanna wire each coil to a bridged channel would that be ok

ps.

1-it can be done coz i have 1 equalizer 1 gain 1 vol for all channels
2-i know i should have bought a mono-block

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Each coil is 8ohm to get you to 4ohm so yes both coils for max power. No you should never run the coils separate to two different channel power sources and yes one amp can put out different power per channel bridged. Run one positive to one neg on the speaker then one pos to the amp and one neg to the amp on the indicated bridged channel on the amp.

DON"T BRIDGE EACH COIL TO THE AMPs SEPARATE channels YOU WILL BLOW THE SUB & will NOT BE USING THE AMP TO ITS FULLEST CAPABILITY. Use the other two channels for other speakers and yes a mono amp would be a good choice.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey thanks for the rply

i actually have dvc 4 ohms sub if i wire them to 8 ohms will my coils have max power or added?

weel i wanna know a 450w dvc sub is 225w a coil or full 450w to each coil

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Less power. My guess is your amp creates the most power at 4ohm bridged, Will say 400 watts. At 8 ohm your getting 200 watts maybe so your better off just using one bridged channel even if the other channels aren't used your amp will run more efficient (less heat and power draw).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts