Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know what questions you would like me to ask the team that will be there showing it, or any particular "area" of the truck you want a detailed photo of.

Submissions must be in before November 2nd as thats when I'll be flying to VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
davexb said:
the amount of room for the people in the back

Take a look at where the driver's seat is positioned. It seemed from the pics that the seat was all the way back and gave more room for the driver then most would need.

Thanks for the offer and I can't wait to see your pics!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
  • Colors. Orange in particular.
  • How big does the interior feel? One of the hopes is that the boxier look will make it feel more spacious.
  • How big is the rear area? In particular, can it be laid down flat and slept on?
  • How plasticy does the dash feel?
  • How does it compare size-wise with the jeep liberty?
  • How does the rear window work?
  • What's the deal with the side-mirror lights?
  • Will untinted windows be an option?
  • From the drivers seat, just how bad are the blind spots?

If I think of more, can I post them?

Cheers, and have fun!
prat

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few more questions:
- Will it come with a factory tow package option or even just a hitch receiver.
- Do the back seat suicide door windows open at all.
- Will there be a factory sunroof option (I know that is a little cheezy but they are nice!)
- There needs to be a winch in that front bumper. Is Toyota going to offer anything there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ekool, that's awesome you get to go take a look at this beast, or "monster" as toyota calls it. I was curious as to what questions you have already lined up that you are planning to add. I guess looking for some inspiration so that I can formulate some of my own that you could ask on my behalf.

From what I've heard here and some other forums is that the info we have on these sites surpasses what the reps have at these shows. Hopefully they've done more homework.

Have fun at the show!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ekool- Are you the same Ekool from Supraforums?!

Cool to see you on another (or rather running the board) for another car I have great interest in. Is toyota supposed to be releasing the pricing info at SEMA also?

-Ethan

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ethan,

Thats me :)

I'll ask when I'm there, they have alluded to the low $20's pricing range, so I would expect the base model to be below $23k.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
HEY EKOOL! I won a pass to SEMA, we should hook up while you are out here in Vegas and check this thing out in person! I think I may even take time off from work to go!

More info when FEDEX actually shows up with my pass!

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Are they going to go the route of Scion with aftermarket accessories available thru the dealership? Specifically, off road type accessories such as upgraded shocks/ lift, snorkel, ARB style bullbar, winch etc?

Can the STAR safety system be turned off?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ekool,

Thanks in advance for being able to satisfy our curiosities about the FJ Cruiser.

I can already tell from recent interior photos that the seats are not going to fold flat, which was reported early on to be a feature that would be in the production model. I know others here want this as well. I would love to be able to sleep in my FJ, it a pretty big feature for me. Any info. on this would be great.

The other big item for me is how the models will be equipped. I don't want all the extra BS (traction control, alloys, etc.) I do however want the diff lock. It would be great if you can find out these details.

I eagerly await your report when you return from SEMA.

D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Thanks again for going to SEMA on our behalf ;)

I'd like to know if the white capped roof is the only option or will you be able to get one where the roof matches the body color. There was talk about a special edition but I mean aside from that.

thanks again and have fun!!!!!

-Granger

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just take as many photos as you can. Not only overall shots but detail shots. I can even put them on the web for you if you don't want to go thru the trouble as I'm a webmaster

·
Registered
228 Posts
May sound odd but serious question:

When I pull up to a:
civic - I expect to see a cute chick
element - I expect to see a zitty faced 16 year old

Based on the overall size, design, etc....what do you expect to see once you've seen it in person.

As with everyone else, I'm extremely excited to hear back the word from SEMA.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
csherrill said:
May sound odd but serious question:

When I pull up to a:
civic - I expect to see a cute chick
element - I expect to see a zitty faced 16 year old

Based on the overall size, design, etc....what do you expect to see once you've seen it in person.

As with everyone else, I'm extremely excited to hear back the word from SEMA.
Honestly, I expect to see someone in their early 20's and an FJ covered in stickers and mud.

That being said, don't be shocked when I pull up next to you and you see a FJ with a child seat and a dog in the back and backpacking gear pilled on the roof rack, being driven by a 30 year old.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts