Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all this talk of what unit will work with what head unit, I got to thinking. I have an older unit in the garage that I took out of my Mustang before I sold it (the 2003 Mach 1). It was one of those small display units that sticks to the windshield and plays thru an internal RF transmitter. It also has a jack for the audio cable that connects to the AUX jack in the FJ dash. So, I got to thinking....

The antennas are universal. One Sirius antenna will plug into any Sirius unit, from the large box units that are factory to the small windshield-mounted units that I have. So, either way, installing the Sirius antenna would be a good thing.

So, I stuck it on there.

I ran the antenna wire thru the rear door weatherstripping and into the cabin. I ran the wire along the headliner to the clamshell door, where I pulled that weather stripping and door sill off and ran it under there. The wire continued under the kick panel and behind the glove box, and exited under the center dash...just under the color-matched painted radio/A/C bezel.

Then I thought, why stop there? The unit is in the garage somewhere....now if I could just find it....THERE IT IS! Cool!! Dust it off.....look at it....and wonder where I should put it. Well, that big open spot right there looks cool....

I put the unit in the little tray where your 4X4 shifter would be, wrapped the wires tight so they look cleaner (the install is not that clean, but hey....it was cheap!).

Turned on the unit, and noticed that I still have radio channels even though I turned off the subscription 1 1/2 years ago. I gots me some Sirius, BABY! Seriously!! :D :rocker: :rocker: :D

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice install, looks like a pretty good spot for the antenna!!!:rocker:

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I was at JTCruiser's shop today, he said when they install Sirius, that is the location and method in which they do theirs. It was a great place, so why reinvent the wheel?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know this isn't something for a lot of folks....but maybe the antenna mount and location would suit someone. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts