Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda fun to watch with a Video game stearing wheel in front of you.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Great vid!
I love the music.
Who did it I want it for crusin.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Was it sped up or were you going rally style over the mountain? :)

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great vid!
I love the music.
Who did it I want it for crusin.
This IS really good Trail/Highway Cruisin music, I agree.

Was it sped up or were you going rally style over the mountain? :)
Well if it was speeded up, then it was really slowed down by the end.....:):)
Not to lose the mistique but the first 3/4 is FM and the last section is RT (Real Time).
And yes, it was my first time over Black Bear and the steps and WITHOUT a spotter.
Bob was showing me tough trail love by going ahead he was saying "you can do it, just not gonna show you how!" Faith in me, I guess.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Are these roughest spots on Black Bear or are there even worse parts?
If you're 'afraid of heights', you haven't seen anything yet. That's all ahead on that trip.

As for stuff that's actually technically challenging though, you just saw it. There's relatively little on the entire trail that's even mildly technical, and even this part (the steps) wouldn't be if it were on otherwise flat and level ground. It's just that, when there's a rock wall on your right, and a drop off on your left, this kind of gravel-covered slanty surface stretch can be a bit unnerving....hence going very slow through it, as most do.

So, MOTORDRIVE, I don't get the part about the other FJ going so far ahead and leaving you to do the steps by your self for the first time. Was that just part of the deal?

I mean, ya, like I said, it's really not all that difficult, technically speaking, but it's still smart to have someone else there in case you do need a spot. Oh well, I guess you could have called ahead and he'd have come back to help if need be.....right?

Great job getting through the steps like that though. The video captured it quite perfectly, and you did well. :clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts