Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my skid plate but while getting under to install I realized I didn't have the front tin. I bought the FJ used so it didn't come with the bling plate. Is there anyway I can install the skid plate without the need for the tin or do I need to hunt one down? I tried to see if I could get the skid on but the rear holes were off. On the FJ the holes seem to be at an angle and not giving me enough room to put the long bolts in due to the awkward angle. I'm assuming the factory tins help out to avoid this issue.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
You will need the stock tins to mount the bash plate. You don't need the bling plate.We are going to be looking at doing a heavy duty version that doesn't need the stock tins to mount. It will probably be late summer early fall when we get this done. If the holes don't line up you could have gotten the wrong skid. There are different plates for the 07-09, and the 2010-2011. What year is your FJ?

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
i think there should be a note at the bottom of the web page that reads; *Requires OEM skid plates for installation

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
I haven't tried but I its worth a shot. I just tried installing the skid plate yesterday.

Not sure where you are, but I just removed the bling plate and OEM bash plate. Will be listed in WTS. I'm in Tulsa, Ok for shipping reference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts