Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out this weekend the Trail Gear units were not compatible with my 2011.

Anyone know what the differences are on the 2011s?
Are there any specific units that are '11 compatible, and extend out to double as a step?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
quite a few. Metal-tech, Demello, all-pro to mention a few.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I was mostly curious to find out what changed and why the TG's wouldn't work.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just put on a pair of white knuckle sliders. The folks there tell me that my 2011 has the holes in a slightly different location, but there slotted holes in the support brackets where enough to get them attached. They were right.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jay- mind snapping a couple pics of how everything lines up?

Hope notching/modifying a plate or two is all that is needed. Great FIY DOfj, actually forwarded the link to a friend hoping he wants to make me a similar set

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jay- mind snapping a couple pics of how everything lines up?

Hope notching/modifying a plate or two is all that is needed. Great FIY DOfj, actually forwarded the link to a friend hoping he wants to make me a similar set
Sure

I just opened the box and the plates have slots rather than holes for mounting so hopefully I'll be able to get them to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found out this weekend the Trail Gear units were not compatible with my 2011.

Anyone know what the differences are on the 2011s?
Are there any specific units that are '11 compatible, and extend out to double as a step?

Thanks
I put them on my 2011 in January with no problems. Just followed the helpful hints about tapping the frame holes and they were on with in an hour.

I use them as a step and also doubles as anti-door ding device!

Curt

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know what might have changed, but for what it is worth, I just put some Toyota rock rails from a 2007 on my 2011 without any problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I went by my buddies shop this evening and used his lift, literally had them installed in less than 20 minutes. Obviously everything bolted up just fine, but these sliders have slots instead of holes. Here are pics of the alignment as requested.

We siliconed a peice of fuel line on the last bracket to protect the brake line just in case it rubbed,

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for clearing that up Jay, do you have a link to your sliders? Didnt see much for FJ's over there...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Jay, do you have a link to your sliders? Didnt see much for FJ's over there...
Select 2010 FJ and you'll find them and more, they didn't even have the 2011 listed a couple weeks ago.

I really like the White Knuckle sliders and was going to order a set until I found these for almost 1/2 the price. I know the White Knuckle design is better but I couldn't justify the price difference when I may never see rocks. Most of my offroading is beach and muddy fire roads.

These are plenty beefy just a more basic design, the brackets are flush with the frame, their flat instead of angled up, and there is no kickout.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the info fellas, ordered allpro's today. Will post my fitment results next week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts