Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
X2

Maybe fix the way the rear lock works too. In order to pop the window you lock the doors.
Yeah I'd like it to open easier, maybe an inside button or one on the dash. I don't trust a sliding window in the door though. Maybe the 4-runner was better, but I'd seen a few busted on Broncos during hard driving.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey I could go for a slide down rear window like the ol' 4 Runners. That would be awesome when sleeping inside the rig and for allowing a little air flow when the windows are down criusin' the beach :bandit:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Id love to have the slide down rear door, I was so shocked that it didnt when I first looked at the FJ!! the 4runners have em, and they are great for haulin lumber, the dog, or just drivin on the highway n not wanting to use the ac (no wind tunnel effect)

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
But if it was a slide window, wouldn't you be tempted to drive with the window down?

The way the air (doesn't) flow over the FJ, you will find that it actually creates a vacuum at the back and sucks alot of exhaust into the cab. Even with my side exit exhaust I have noticed this. I only do it for short trips when I haven't ordered enough billet to justify the trailer, and part of the bar has to stick out the back.

I think this is way the door open light comes on with the window, and I thought the owner's manual said not to drive with it open for this reason, but I haven't opened my owner's manual for a while!

I too think it would be cool, but only if they changed the aerodynamics or whatever is causing the exhaust to enter the cab through the rear window. My pup would certainly love it, and it would be nice to be able to get/load stuff that way.

·
Registered
500 Posts
But if it was a slide window, wouldn't you be tempted to drive with the window down?

The way the air (doesn't) flow over the FJ, you will find that it actually creates a vacuum at the back and sucks alot of exhaust into the cab. Even with my side exit exhaust I have noticed this. I only do it for short trips when I haven't ordered enough billet to justify the trailer, and part of the bar has to stick out the back.

I think this is way the door open light comes on with the window, and I thought the owner's manual said not to drive with it open for this reason, but I haven't opened my owner's manual for a while!

I too think it would be cool, but only if they changed the aerodynamics or whatever is causing the exhaust to enter the cab through the rear window. My pup would certainly love it, and it would be nice to be able to get/load stuff that way.
i drive with it open and the side windows so i dont get as much exhaust in my mouth

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Would def use the rear window more if it was a slide down like the 4Rs. They can at least make it so that you wont have to put the key in the door and have to do the complicated door combo to open it.:bandit:

·
Registered
636 Posts

Heck ya I would love a roll down window.

We drive with our window rear window open for the short drives for the dog. I have never seen anything about not driving with the window open. It seems kind of wierd if you can open a window but not be able to drive with it open. It would seen kind of pointless to have a window to open it only when the vehicle was parked. I would not go wheeling with the rear window open but like I said before short drives to the park or to the store I don't see a problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I drive with mine open all the time and the fact I can't have it partway open drives me nuts. With two big dogs it would be nice to get enough airflow to blow the stink off of them but also prevent them from doing something stupid and taking a header out the back.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey I could go for a slide down rear window like the ol' 4 Runners. That would be awesome when sleeping inside the rig and for allowing a little air flow when the windows are down criusin' the beach :bandit:
You can sleep in it?!:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts