Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Well after some waiting, head scratching and cussing I finally got my Roofrack and light bar setup along with my sliders I finally got.

Heres a mock up of the Light on the rack.

This is a really smart design. I think thought they could have mounted it back about 1/2 inch and they could have fit even more light bars on it. I had to modify my bars brackets for the light to swing in and out.

Sliders on

Clean simple sliders, I like them.

This is where I decided to install the switches and I'm quite happy with the outcome.

And some videos of it working. I apologize for the commentary on the second video I was narrating for less mechanically successful friends.

Thanks for looking

·
Premium Member
16,783 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Good grief haven't really updated this in awhile :lol:. First post has been updated with parts and what not. Ill work on getting pictures over the next day or two.

Since that roof rack got installed I've been traveling the country and working. Ordering parts here and there and collecting them for install days.

Well beginning of February I got to go home for a couple days and install day was going to happen with or without cooperation from weather. Here was that weekends list:

Demello Off-Road Rally Bumper
Badlands 12k winch(HF Deal)
Ironman 3/8 Synthetic line
Factor 55 Pro Link
Factor 55 Hitch Link

Fun times...I got to do that all by myself in my driveway because the night before laid down about 3/8in layer of ice all over my town so I wasn't going to gamble going to the shop with a lift. And it was about 15degrees so nobody wanted to come help me :lol:

Special thanks to this forum and all the pics and how-tos made this go by much faster than I thought it would by myself.

It probably took about 6-7 hours all said and done. That was me trying to figure out how to install the winch into the bumper. I had to mod the front grill to sit on the winch. I had to remove a few supports that weren't in the instructions<--- that made me :mecry: I now have a zip tie in place to assist with hood closures :lol: Had to wait for both roommates to come home so they can give me 2 mins of their time to hold the bumper whilst I put bolts in. It wasn't that fun but I am very happy with the outcome :bigthumb:

As previously mentioned Ill get pictures of the upgrade probably tomorrow after I get her washed up.

I have also purchased the Exp-1 washer relocation. Yes I know a lot of you think its wasted money and I could have made something work from O'Reillys for less than $30 but since I'm travelling I have minimum tools and I like a nice clean professional look so I went with it. I also got the Ironman dual battery kit. I'm wanting to do that mod because I plan on having a lot of electrical components and I want a safer setup than just running everything off the main battery. These have yet to be installed.

Other than that I braved the Arkansas mountains during that "Winter Vortex" on my way back down to Houston and the FJ took it like a champ. Only issue I encountered was that our defrost/wipers suck in ice/snow weather. So ill probably be looking into doing one of those wiper defrosters that go on the bottom of the windshield.

Thanks for looking, sorry if I just wasted 5mins of your life :bigthumb::cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Pffft How could I forget I went to my first off-road park while in Texas :lol:. I cant remember what the name was but its about an hour/ hour and half north of Houston.

Here are a couple of crappy cell pictures from after I got the bumper on.

Needs some black paint to hide some of that red under there. But, overall I'm happy with it. Good construction.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Went and gave the ol' girl its first real bath in quite a few months. So I took some pictures :)
Sorry for the cell phone pics. I do not have a good camera with me down here in Texas.

And a few of the random stickers I have

Enjoy, Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Haven't posted an update in awhile so here we go.

Ordered a hood vinyl from Amaesingdecals.com with a custom logo. its the crest for United Nations Space Command from Halo. Yes its nerdy but its also a badass logo.

I've also purchased a 10 pack of LED flood lights from ebay to put on my roof rack but still haven't had time to install those. Or even test them out for that matter. More to come on that.

I've been poking at people for a few days now on spot lights to put up front. Poked Alex(Old Cruiser) about more info for his Lightforces. My buddy Hiram has 4 KC off-road lights on his taco. I've been trying to figure out how to mount any kind of spotlight to my bumper. as you can see it doesn't have the tallest bull bar to fit a big light, it has the cutout for a winch so there isn't much base to mount to and my winch electrical box pops up about an inch past the cutout anyway.
Anybody have any ideas on how to mount some spots?

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I love your rig man! It is not over done with mods, it is just looks sharp and functional. I see to many rigs that are just so modes up that they don't look that great (in my opinion, which doesn't really matter) but your FJ is done up right my friend! :rocker:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Reactions: itsmitchyy

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Havent updated my thread much lately so I figured the few pictures I got with the cell phone I would post.

Got my new Red Letters from GRABBERMAN a couple weeks ago. 285/75/16 for those of you tire people that will ask how big my tyre is.
As most of you should know by now there was a slight rub with a hard turn and brakes applied that indicated I had dodged the BMC long enough.

PRE BMC

So with the help my of my girlfriends dad and his shop we knocked it out in 2 actual working hours(6 Hours with B/S involved) thanks to this forum and the amazing DIY articles people produce.

After the BMC I decided to put my spacers on that ive had for more than 5 months lol. After I left the shop I soon found out that the spacers made me rub that plastic inner fender again because I didn't cut enough off :( but nothing some tin snips cant fix real quick. Its not hurting anything.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Things left to do that Im trying to find time for.

Installs

CB
Fire Stick
Bandi Mount
roof rack lights all sides
new 42" light bar
dual battery kit
undercoating
finish breather kit
rear view mirror mod

21 - 40 of 51 Posts