Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few posts that were minor gripes about the same people winning again and again in the raffle - let me tell you that these people also bought a LOT (relative to everyone else) of tickets, so it makes sense statistically that they would get more. Soooo - next year, buy more tickets. If the prizes were this good this year, imagine what will be next year :)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I spent an extra $20, won a shirt from Revtec. I don't feel cheated in any way. But yes next year I will get more tickets and win the big stuff!

Thanks again for a great weekend.

·
Registered
369 Posts
i don't have a problem with them winning. They bought the tickets, they deserved to win. If i won a pair of sliders, and then the very next drawing, won another set, i'd of given them back for someone else to win...but hey, thats just me.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was glad there were a lot of (big) prizes to go around. I imagine that a good percentage of people ended up with something....

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i spent $40 for tickets and got SQUAT!!! ZILCH!!! ZERO!! NADA!! --- except... one of the funnest weekends of my life with great people, great rides, great scenery, good food, and fun fun fun!!! Happy to help pay for the event and the upcoming 2008 event!!!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Despite rubbing the Inchworm for good luck, it did not find a home in my truck. :)

Agreed, the people winning 3+ times had TONS of tickets. Some of them wearing them around their necks like a lei. When in doubt, buy more tickets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought it made the raffle pretty entertaining. I thought having kid gifts was a good idea as well.

Couple folks came by and rubbed and kissed the Inchworm for luck. Funny stuff.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I carried the Inchworm to the winner's truck and put it in the back seat. He told me he almost left the raffle before the end because he was tired!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I threw $70 into the raffle and didn't win. I came within one number several times. If I had only bought all my tickets at once at least I would have won something.

Oh well, that's the way raffles work. Everyone can't win every time.

Andrew

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Our group pooled the money/tickets and then divided up the goodies. We just made Terry go up there everytime.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My suggestion for next year would be to make boxes for prize categories (bumpers, sliders, etc) and allow people to throw the raffle tickets they purchase into a box with something they can use.

This would not only avoid people winning two of something they already have, but it might spawn more ticket sales for people to fill different category boxes.

Maybe the non-major-prize winning tickets could then be used to draw for t-shirts from sponsors of those prizes.

I had a great time with my couple of tickets even if I didn't win. I don't win the lottery either, but hey... not buying tickets is part of the problem ;)

·
Registered
2,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
sfc sorry man i dont care if you wrap that smelly cave in a tux its still nasty :silly:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts