Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
That was only a concept. Never made it to market. Check Rhino Rack for the most similar idea of that I would say or a Thule cargo box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
A-Team Moderator
9,049 Posts
The ARB Half rack and the Expedition 1 Mule are similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hannibal & Tsfarling,

Thanks for your help but those suggestions don't look close to the 'concept' roof rack. Any other suggestions from the FJC universe?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hannibal, thanks for your post. It was a cool roof rack, best looking I've seen on the FJC. Too bad it didn't catch on with the FJC crowd.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Hannibal & Tsfarling,

Thanks for your help but those suggestions don't look close to the 'concept' roof rack. Any other suggestions from the FJC universe?
Well that first photo might be the worst photo shop I have ever seen and there isnt a way to mount one as small as that bad photoshop illustrates

I personally think the Expedition One looks darn close to the All Pro concept rack that never made it to the market.

The ARB half rack Hannibal linked to is exactly the rack shown in your second photo...you can even see the ARB logon on the side.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The All Pro Concept rack is about half the size of the Mule and fits smaller. It's located closer towards the front. It doesn't cover the entire roof of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Here is a pic (posts #87 & #89 on page 5) shows one that was delivered.

Front of rack starts at the front most mounting point of OEM rack and ends at the rear most mounting point of OEM rack. Also see that it is inset (or narrower) than mounting points. Whereas the ExpeditionOne covers the front six inches and back 9 inches or so beyond the mounting points. Exp1 is also wider.

While it appears that AllPro did deliver some units...it wasn't much. Perhaps you could post a want to buy ad and see if anyone is ready to sell their AllPro on off custom roof rack.

Personal opinion is that while pricey, we are darn lucky that Exp One has even bothered to introduce a new rack well after the FJ Cruiser was discontinued for North America. Very few new vendors and products being developed for a vehicle no longer being sold. There are still some decent looking options out there including BajaRack, Gobi, PrinsuDesigns, FrontRunner, RhinoRack, ARB and ExpOne.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
All Pro may have delivered more than I thought. Looks like in 2015 they did a redesign that increased the size (see post 641 on page 33 of this thread. Looks like it increased in size to about that of the Exp One.

Seems like a lot of interest....and then AllPro stopped making....

You can see the members that got something and perhaps PM them if they want to sell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts