Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up on Saturday morning to my next door neighbor knocking on my door... "Uhhh Rob? You may want to come out and look at your truck."

My heart sank.

All I could think was, "oh no..."

This is what I found inside when I opened the door...

The rock that did the damage was sitting on my driver's seat.

...and now somebody has a new GPS. And, all of my college textbooks. (Having my books stolen pisses me off more than the GPS!)

I'm just glad I wasn't home when it happened. I'm sure I would have went charging out there when the window smashed and I would have put a couple of .40 s&w sized holes in the a$$hole that did this.

Ahhh... at least they didn't steal my radios.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Sorry this happened Rob but leaving a GPS or even the mounting pod in plain sight is a no-no these days. Kick some tail.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
gosh darn it :( I am sorry that your FJ was broken into. I hope that they are able to pull some finger prints and catch the @ssholes that did that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Why would you leave your stuff in plain sight? You should know people suck!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sorry to here about this Rob... If I catch him, I give you ten minutes with him before I haul his ass off to jail.
Deal. I'll tune him up with an ASP. :)

Oh, get my Biology book back! That one cost me $130!

Ya know...I'm not even mad anymore. If you live in the city, having your car broken into is part of the "cost of doing business", ya know? Although, Woodsman was right. Leaving that GPS out was just stoooopid. :disgust:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Sorry to hear this Rob.
At the Boeing Longacres site where I work it is open campus, not secured like the main plants.

Last Thursday evening on 2nd shift someone broke into two vehicles in different lots there and took the GPS units they could see from outside the window.

Crackheads are selling these to help with their fix.

When I got off work lat Friday afternoon, I noticed the broken glass in the parking spot next to me.
That was one of the spots that got hit on 2nd shift.

Boeing security patrols the area, but they can not be everywhere at once, and the crackheads know this.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Rob, if you have the box/info still, make sure you give the police the serial number of the GPS. This way if they try to sell it at a pawn shop they can track the bad guy that tries to sell it.
And keep an eye on Craiglist

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
feel for ya, happened to me also fingerprints and all never caught them. bet they are glad i didn't catch them. at the point i was at it was a good thing i didn't. hope you get it all worked out soon

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Sorry to hear about this break in.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You have my sympathies.
Your pics brought back memories of my smash n grab a couple months ago.
Don't forget to point out to your insurance the interior panels and window trim that is no doubt scratched up from all that broken glass, that stuff doesn't buff out. Hope you opted for the low deductible.
At least you didn't have a drive home in -20C winter.
Keep yer head up tho.
They might have taken your books, but they can't take away the knowledge you learned... Wait, you do pay attention in class right? :)

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
There was a thing on TV recently stating that GPS thefts are exceeding stereo thefts in some areas. They warned against leaving the pod on the dash as it is just like a sign stating,"go ahead and break my window and you'll find my GPS under the seat or in the glove box."

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Some people just plain old suck. It's not even the fact that they grabbed the GPS, it's the whole total lack of respect for anything that really burns my a$$. The whole trashing the truck thing is the topper. :flame:

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Very sorry to hear about this, Bob! Glad they didn't get the HAM stuff!

If you catch the scum don't just use an ASP - also kick repeatedly in the groin with steel toed boots until rendered impotent!

Mike

·
Premium Member
17,153 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break in.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts