Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of the odd things in the description "OEM hitch required for installation"... ? Maybe the mean if you have an aftermarket hich, its not compatible? I'd like to move on this bumper, someone chime in if you can! Thanks!!

·
11,299 Posts
By the looks of it, the OEM hitch goes on first and stays on UNDER this bumper. The top 2 bolts are hidden by the OEM cover so it's probably similar.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have one. Fitment was a C+, maybe B-. It's heavy but rugged. I found that the two mounting points on the back are in the backup sensors' view and rendered the backup alert feature useless.
Yes I had and aftermarket bolt up hitch frame and removed and replaced with a OEM hitch.
Regained some departure angle which is always helpful.
Added dirty pic ...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have one. Fitment was a C+, maybe B-. It's heavy but rugged. I found that the two mounting points on the back are in the backup sensors' view and rendered the backup alert feature useless.
Yes I had and aftermarket bolt up hitch frame and removed and replaced with a OEM hitch.
Regained some departure angle which is always helpful.
Added dirty pic ...

Thanks for the info. Do you mean the D rings interfere with the backup sensors? How do you feel about the $547 shipped price?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Yes the D rings you can see they are on either side of the sonar sensors.
I think the price is good , esp w free shipping.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the front a steaming POS? Seems odd they wouldn’t have known about the backup sensor issue. I know Smittybuilt produces a ton of bumpers for different applications, but maybe they could have tested the backup sensor issue first?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts