Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lifted (3 inches)fj cruiser with 33s (moving to 35s next) and was curious if the annex for the standard overlander rtt is tall enough with 35s. I figured I'd ask before buying a $180 accessory that might not work... I should also mention that I have the stock roof rack
20191218_122151.jpg

·
Registered
410 Posts
Find yourself a local shop that does commercial building awnings or boat canvas work. They can shorten or extend an annex as needed. There's a few different ways to skin that cat. They'll be able to tell you about the best material and process for your application.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have a ARB tent and anex room. I am running a flat roof rack. it may be close because you are on the stock roof rack . something else to check is how much more your ladder will extend that could also be an issue. if I was much taller my ladder would become an issue . I am on 33's and I think my room would work but the ladder ? if my ladder was any more vertical it woulld be hard to get in and out of the tent.
IMG_20190517_100823443.jpg
DSC_0662.JPG
IMG_20190517_100840856.jpg

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
If you can make it work the room is nice when it rains and if you are some where that you need privacy to change clothes. much easier to get dressed standing up than laying down in the tent lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a ARB tent and anex room. I am running a flat roof rack. it may be close because you are on the stock roof rack . something else to check is how much more your ladder will extend that could also be an issue. if I was much taller my ladder would become an issue . I am on 33's and I think my room would work but the ladder ? if my ladder was any more vertical it woulld be hard to get in and out of the tent. View attachment 1120218 View attachment 1120219 View attachment 1120217
Yeah, my ladder is basically vertical and I had to buy the extension to comfortably get up and down

1 - 7 of 7 Posts