Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice find, I think Smittybilt also makes their own Hi Lift jack, almost the same a the actual Hi lift but cheaper.:simmadown:

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Nice find, I think Smittybilt also makes their own Hi Lift jack, almost the same a the actual Hi lift but cheaper.:simmadown:

I was going to purchase a set of Staun tire deflators when the guys at 4wheel parts said they had the Smittybilts and they were the same as the Stauns at a lower price......So I bought em, paid $41.99. They come with a pleather pouch and all.
Smittybilt is not the same company it was 5 years ago - the company name and inventory was sold to 4 Wheel Parts, who continue to use the Smittybilt name to infer quality. However, while they may or may not work OK, you'll find the Hi-Lift copy and Staun Deflator copies marketed under the Smittybilt name are not the same as the originals - they are Chinese knock-offs...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Yes.. There are a number of Chicom winches marketed by many folks. The HF/Northern stuff @ $250 up to some at $550. One of the mags did a winch "shootout" at Moab last year.. Some interesting info there.. Ron

hi cruiserlarry,

does that go for thier winches as well?

XRC 10 Winch - Smittybilt I was checking out the

XRC 10...that would explain the $450 special they're running to try and unload this 10,000lb rated winch.

any feedback on this?

thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi cruiserlarry,

does that go for thier winches as well?

XRC 10 Winch - Smittybilt I was checking out the

XRC 10...that would explain the $450 special they're running to try and unload this 10,000lb rated winch.

any feedback on this?

thanks!
Save up an extra $75, go to Amazon and search on the Superwinch EPi9.0

Check the specs on the winch first and then decide though. I haven't seen a thing that can touch the EPi9.0 as far as speed and low current draw until you get into the Warn and T-Max $1000 winches..

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Superwinch "showed the competition" at the Moab winch shootout. In sheer performance, even the mighty Warn couldn't really do a great lot with Superwinch. Super winch would be my chioce as well, were I looking for a winch.. Ron

Save up an extra $75, go to Amazon and search on the Superwinch EPi9.0

Check the specs on the winch first and then decide though. I haven't seen a thing that can touch the EPi9.0 as far as speed and low current draw until you get into the Warn and T-Max $1000 winches..

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Smittybilt is not the same company it was 5 years ago - the company name and inventory was sold to 4 Wheel Parts, who continue to use the Smittybilt name to infer quality. However, while they may or may not work OK, you'll find the Hi-Lift copy and Staun Deflator copies marketed under the Smittybilt name are not the same as the originals - they are Chinese knock-offs...
Good info Larry, I had no idea that was the case. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
But... like the old saying "there's a time and a place". I would not, could not, did not buy a winch from Smittybilt (or Dr. Seuss). I bought a Warn. Not because I'm so hard core - not even close. It's 'cause, when my $30,000 truck is hanging by the cable, I'm not going to give a &#$* if I saved $100 buying a knock-off... That said, I did buy the Smittybilt deflaters. They work great. If they didn't, I'd return them. And if they every "fail" on the trail, I still have a key, stick, pen, fingernail, pointy rock... ;)

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Nice find, thanks.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts