Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is some pics of my smoked out Lenses. I think I got it too dark in the front turn signals. Oh well it is done. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Yeah the front is pretty dark, but looks good. Not sure how legal it is though. How exactly did you do that? I see a few of the forum members have done this to their rigs.
The rear turned out well. At least it looks like you darkened them up to me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks great!...how did ya do it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
looks nice, maybe you will consider doing the bumper wings black next. I just had all my bumper pieces linexed. Ill post pictures maybe this weekend. Did i mention it does look nice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks for the input....

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
looks pretty good, maybe a little lighter.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I'm not seeing the pics...is it just me? I want to see too. :boohoo:

·
Registered
192 Posts
did u sand it down beforehand?

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you want the fronts lighter, take them off and wet sand with some 1500 grit then 2000 then 2500 or 3000. Then you can polish by hand if you don't have a machine with mequires scratch X to get teh scratches from the sanding out. Be sure to use a sanding block or your fingers will create waves in the finish

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
LOOKS GOOD TO ME,
i did the same thing, way to dark up front.havent done the rears yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I purchased 3mm stainless grill, and tape it over. It comes perfect cut... I didn't want to go with the horizontal grills. I like the honeycomb style, but in the stainless steal look. The other question; if I had sanded them first. Nope, I just clean and painted over the lense.

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice job, just picked my car up today....didnt wanna risk it and do it myself! urs are darker, looks much nicer...

trying to add a photo but limits 97kb? are they kidding?

·
Registered
192 Posts
how many coats of each did u do? how long did u let it sit between coats?...sorry for all the questions but i just would like to get an idea of what u did...thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Did you use Lamin-X on the corners too? How hard/easy was it to shape it around the corners?

Lamin-X is around the corners. It is very hard to shape around the corners. I had it installed by a tint place that also does Lamin-X. They took the lights apart in order to do it. The other option is to put the Lamin-X on the front of the light where the actual light is then use black vinyl around the "corners".

·
Registered
192 Posts
whats lamin-x?...right now i have these stickers on mine, it looks ****ty and i need to get rid of them...

·
Registered
804 Posts
I am getting mine blacked out soon, prof. done, these are people who do it for lambos and stuff. $125 for the back and front blinkers, they usually do 125 per light, but connections is good :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts