Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Sorry, can't help with the write-up, but it is really easy to install. Scariest part is cutting the holes but you, I would hope, have a template for that. The instructions on my 2011 showed doing one thing but I found it didn't work for putting the rubber hose on the in-take. I played with it until I found a way that worked.

Is there a specific question you have about the install?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, can't help with the write-up, but it is really easy to install. Scariest part is cutting the holes but you, I would hope, have a template for that. The instructions on my 2011 showed doing one thing but I found it didn't work for putting the rubber hose on the in-take. I played with it until I found a way that worked.

Is there a specific question you have about the install?
What does the snorkel connect to? Do I have to do any cutting of the intake?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Many video's regarding snorkel installation on YouTube. Forum member "Lastgreatroadtrip" has an excellent video series on YouTube channel for FJ mods and service.

Just saying........

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Oh, and one of the things in the video I couldn't do with a black truck so I used a drill bit and drilled pilot holes instead of using a sharpy to mark the wholes. Also, put masking tape over the area you will drill to keep your paint from being too messed up. Pilot hole then helps you see where to drill.

Not sure, but the snorkel should connect to the pre-filter that is currently connected to the in-take in the fender. I didn't have to cut the truck (in-take) on my 2011, but did have to cut the rubber tubing they provided.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Get rid of the cuff that has the foam stuff on it and then grind down the tabs that line that cuff up to the intake tube and then attatch the supplied rubber thing that attatches to the snorkel with the metal ring....you will probably need a dremmel or simailar to do that...hope that helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts