Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you get the embedded antenna? I purchased one of these but logo-less and with the embedded antenna. However, I just realized I’ll will probably not be keeping My 07 FJ for very long. It already has 235k miles so I’m hesitating installing mine. Looks good. Is that a ladder on the side of your roof rack?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get the embedded antenna? I purchased one of these but logo-less and with the embedded antenna. However, I just realized I’ll will probably not be keeping My 07 FJ for very long. It already has 235k miles so I’m hesitating installing mine. Looks good. Is that a ladder on the side of your roof rack?
No, I wasn't aware of that option, we just moved the antenna over to the driver side (I have already swapped on a stubby). I was too impatient to wait for one without the logo. It doesn't really bother me that much anyway. I love the practicality of this design, so I figure dude deserves the advert!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I might need one of those. Install looks super clean.
Yes. Yes, you do need one of these.

I learned after buying that he makes a version with an integrated antenna, and you can also request one without the logo. I wasn't willing to wait to have one made, and the logo doesn't bother me...it's a quality product and I figure dude deserves some advert. I love that the connector piece plugs right into the stock air intake and is concealed / hidden under the fender. I moved my antenna to the driver-side cowl cover.

Linkie: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FJ-Cruiser-2007-2015-Exclusive-Air-Intake-Snorkel-Behind-fender-linkage-/182695153171

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I have seen some comments regarding issues during heaving rain (ingesting water) and blockage driving through blizzard conditions. If you encounter these conditions please post an updated review. I really like the design, but where I live/play we can encounter heavy rain and snow.

Thanks!

Reactions: Winterpeg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, but I don't expect it to be an issue. The snorkel draws air from the back side, so anything in the atmosphere, whether rain snow dust mud etc. will not have a direct path into the inlet. Snorkel or not, any air intake system has the potential to suck in water during heavy rain or snow.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I really like the design and am thinking of getting one, however this picture has me wondering. I understand it draws air in from the backside, and while moving FORWARD, there would be little chance of water entering the snorkel. However, in a downpour, stopped at a light or not moving? It seems water would go in...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FJ-Cruiser-2007-2015-Exclusive-Air-Intake-Snorkel-Behind-fender-linkage-/182695153171

It draws in air upside down. What you see the in the rear is only a small portion of the intake vent. I have a few pics of the snorkel in my build thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,992 Posts
I live in 70” + rain a year and drive in monsoon like conditions and I’ve never had an issue with water in mine. Now snow accumulation may be a problem however.

Mine has the integral radio antenna as well, I like that it completely removes it from the FJ.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,880 Posts
When its really rainy, I notice a LOT of extra water in my catch can. I have a snorkel. Might be the same with the OEM wheel-well-area intake, but I dont know. Just an observation.

disclaimer - that jug is not FJ oil. Its for the Mini.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow, really like the look and design of this snorkel. I already have an ARB one but if I was in the market for a snorkel, this would probably be the one I get. Great install pics!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Really looks awesome! looks like none are available on the ebay site, I hope that they continue to make these, I have a long list and this is one of them just not a first priority.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Really looks awesome! looks like none are available on the ebay site, I hope that they continue to make these, I have a long list and this is one of them just not a first priority.
From what I've gathered reading the comments on his web site (there is one) they're built to order (with/without integrated antenna, with/without logos, with/without CAI etc). So there's never any "stock".

Reactions: SenseiSmash

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts