Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has seen a snorkle on a FJ with the Bushwhacker flares. I have the flares and knew it would be an issue down the road. I figure there will be a way too get it done. Any sugestions and don't say remove the flare.
Thanks
Richie

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

A member here, but I forget who.
[/QUOTE]

That's Smurfj. [URL="http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/50010-smurfj-expedition-vehicle.html"]http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/member-build-ups/50010-smurfj-expedition-vehicle.html[/URL]

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
You just have to take your time on getting everything to fit together properly, but a simple dremel should do it!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
161 Posts
SUCKS Just spent todat trying to take my time tp do this install and screwed the fender up.Man this is going to be a expensive mod.I hope i heard right that you can get just one fender from the factory.I will find out on monday.If not i guess i have to order another set.Anyone one have any pointers for me on the next try.I tried taping around the snorkle and then removed it and started to cut the fender.I ended ou with the front of the fender being as wide as the base of the snorkle if that makes sence.Thanks in advance:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
SUCKS Just spent todat trying to take my time tp do this install and screwed the fender up.Man this is going to be a expensive mod.I hope i heard right that you can get just one fender from the factory.I will find out on monday.If not i guess i have to order another set.Anyone one have any pointers for me on the next try.I tried taping around the snorkle and then removed it and started to cut the fender.I ended ou with the front of the fender being as wide as the base of the snorkle if that makes sence.Thanks in advance:mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:
You may be able to get a replacement fender from the stealership, or elsewhere within Toyota. However, if you're looking to save a little money, one of the forum sponsors (rockauto.com) has the fenders for about $105 apiece. Go to their website and use the interactive catalog, then drill down by year/make/model, and look in the "Body-Exterior" category.The manufacturer is listed as "Sherman" and the left or right fender is $105.79 plus shipping. They parts look to be primed, so factor paint into the equation as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks but i am looking for the right front bushwhacker fender that i just screwed up tring to install.I have to call Bushwhacker on monday

·
Registered
161 Posts
Anyone have a close up pic of the fender from the side?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanks but i am looking for the right front bushwhacker fender that i just screwed up tring to install.I have to call Bushwhacker on monday
Gotcha, I misread your post and thought you wanted to replace the actual metal fender, not the Bushwacker flare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts