Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've got a couple inches and it's still snowing!:confused: I like winter and all, but enough is enough. It's currently 25 degrees!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am jealous of you all,...I love snow but live somewhere that has none. EVER!

I end up spending two weeks in CO or Utah skiing during the winter. :bigthumb:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Just a light dusting on the ground at CU-Boulder so far, but it's been coming down fairly hard around here for a few hours.

steven

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
We have about 1.5" also. We are close to the airport.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Storm kicked up again up north by AFA.

Dang... just took the snowboard racks off last night in the 75 degree weather we had!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Snow missed us at 6k ft., (per our home weather station slightly SE of Cheyenne)maybe the steady 30+ mph winds with gusts to 50+ since last night blew the precip right by us. 42 degrees right now. It was 70 and mild yesterday.
Although if Craig, CO is getting some, a little may make it over the mtns. to us. 50-50 chance?

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
I hope the snow will last for Ourray. I like Trailing in the Snow!:bigthumb:
Actually, even though most of the main trails that will be used for 'official' runs will be clear (they usually plow the snow-slide area of Imogene before July 4th, because I'm there every year at that time), I know of some smaller, lesser used trails that may still have snow. I go check them out on occasion when we're there in July just for something different to do.

steven

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
There was snow on Engineers Pass last Summit. Lots of fun, trail was plowed. Everyone was playing in the snow, making angels and snowballs. YAY!!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ok, I'm extremely jealous now. Not nearly enough snow in Tennessee but did make a visit to both Utah and Colorado this year to play in the white stuff.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Hey Eagle Scout,
when I was in the LA area one time, my friend took me to Joshua Tree for the day and then we went up to spend the night in Big Bear.

It's CA, I know, but it was January and I recall ice patches in the parking lot, and it was snowing, and there was a lot of snow on the ground in the wooded areas.

I assume there isn't any snow left to play around in even up that high this late in the season, but do you ever get up there, and are there any cool off-roading trails in that area?

steven

·
Registered
468 Posts
Snow here in Utah too...all melted off now in the valley, but the mountains got 2 feet in some places.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey ocr14a

There are a lot of nifty Trails in Big Bear, I was actually just up there this past Sunday. Instead of Taking the Highway back down to the lower part of the Mountain, I actually took a Trail instead. At this Time of Year, there was still snow up there but only on the Dark sides of the mountains. None on the Trails though. There is a Fire look out post called Butler Peak/ Rim of the World where we can see 360 all over and on the Clear Days we can even see straight out to the Ocean. If you are ever back in the Area, let me know, I will take you to random places to go trailing. If you look in my Photo Gallery, there are some pictures from when I went to Big Bear.

-Ivan (The Scout)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Waiting for the snow to melt so I can plant. Got 2-5 inches in the valley last night. who knows how much in the mountains. Might have to start the sled up again. Been a few years since I have snowmobiled in May and June.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts