Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The base is closed, schools are closed..........

Super bowl frenzie is in town and it's 19 deg with snow on the ground. :D

I say they open up the roof on the Jerry Dome if it's still snowing and cold on Sunday! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i'm loving it! finally got to use 4WD on the pavement, lol

also heard that DFW airport is closed.

edit. FAA is showing DFW as orange status (delayed arrival/depart)

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
Just wait in a few years when they play the game in NY in an open air stadium. It could be nice weather then but if it was played this year in NY, people would freeze.

·
Registered
839 Posts
drove from Forney in to work in Mesquite around 7 am and worked a couple of hours and then headed home. The trip back home was worse than the trip in even though the sleet had stopped. Trucks pulling pups were really struggling and most just pulled over to the shoulder. Watched a guy in a chevy 1500 lose it and hit the cables in the median and tear up his truck, luckily no one was near him and he bounced back on to 635 and continued on his way with his bumper dangling. Will need to leave the faucets dripping tonight. brrr

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Drove to Arlington from North Carrollton at 6:30am. The roads got worse the further west I got. We are open for business and have had a few brave souls keep their appointments. Going home tonight is going to be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
We have almost 1" of ice with another 1" of snow on top of that. Our electric gate is frozen shut. Spent almost an hour trying to remove all the ice so the gate could swing open and finally said screw it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree witht the OP open the top and let them play. Both my 6x (soon to be 7x) Super Bowl Champ Steelers and the other team Green Bay are cold weather teams let em play outdoors.
I was at the AFC championship game it was 11 degrees out when we got there at 4:00 and -3 degree's when we left at 11:00. it might give some of you local dallas people a chance to watch football like your Northern friends do.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I agree witht the OP open the top and let them play. Both my 6x (soon to be 7x) Super Bowl Champ Steelers and the other team Green Bay are cold weather teams let em play outdoors.
I was at the AFC championship game it was 11 degrees out when we got there at 4:00 and -3 degree's when we left at 11:00. it might give some of you local dallas people a chance to watch football like your Northern friends do.
GO STEELERS :cheers:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Im up around OKC and we have all kind of snow. 4 foot drifts. Will Rogers airport is closed.

Crazy, guess the weatherman was right for once lmao

·
Registered
270 Posts
The PACKERS just brought a little of the Lambo weather to all you Texans. It would be cool if they did open the roof and let them play. The PACKERS and Steelers were made to play in cold weather. GO PACK GO!

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't mind the weather, grew up in MI before I left for the Marine Corps 19+ years ago. Seen my fair share of games at the Big House in AA. Wish the Lions new stadium would have been an open roof one, but oh well.

Pulling for the Steelers myself, can never bring myself to root for the Packers; just like that school in ohio........

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Wow...I got to the gym at 0500 this morning in Houston and it was almost 70*, when I left for lunch, the FJ read 36*.

Honestly, I'm hoping for snow here in Houston...I'd love the day off to go and play!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Around austin we had some major windstorms - up to 50mpg gusts..it was crazy. Sadly my roof took some damage =/
damage?? uh oh, from what?

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
I think the fans would appreciate the open roof too. Otherwise watching the game with their shirts off just won't be the same. :rofl:

Love this quote from the Star Telegram this morning:

In fact, a reporter from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who was in town over the weekend, took a look at our weather forecast and advised Packers fans headed this way to "dress for a Wisconsin spring."

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Just made it back home. We had three oil changes and two phone calls by noon. The entire lot is a skating rink, so we decided to close before someone fell and got hurt.

The roads still suck, but the other drivers suck more. They see a dry patch and think they can go 70mph.....and they do for a short distance until you pass them in the ditch. There really are some dumb people out there.

Just glad to be home, been up since 3:30am. Tomorrow isn't looking very promising either.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts