Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i parked in the street and a snow plow went by and the weight of the snow coming off the plow shattered my drivers mirror!!! also coated my whole fj in like 3 inches of solid ice and snow. i have a question...instead of paying to replace the whole drivers mirror assembly can i just buy the mirror section by itself...it looks like it just pops out and i could pop a new one in. id hate to have to pay to replace the whole thing.

·
Sockless Superstar
11,807 Posts
i parked in the street and a snow plow went by and the weight of the snow coming off the plow shattered my drivers mirror!!! also coated my whole fj in like 3 inches of solid ice and snow. i have a question...instead of paying to replace the whole drivers mirror assembly can i just buy the mirror section by itself...it looks like it just pops out and i could pop a new one in. id hate to have to pay to replace the whole thing.
Yes.
Let me go find the thread on how to remove/install. Be back in a few.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
yes you can buy just the mirror... it's $25 from the dealership .. :cheers:

once you get the re-placement mirror don't just pop it back in.. there are 2 hooks behind the mirror. you will have to attach that first on the assembly and push the center of the mirror with your palm. use a small towel between the mirror and your palm just to play it safe :bigthumb:

Good luck :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts