Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,497 Posts
This afternoon I saw an FJ40 with a nice new blade on it. Why not the FJC?

DEWFPO

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think the FJ frame is at least as strong as a Jeep frame (maybe I am wrong). It is a common sight around here to see Jeeps plowing snow, with small blades of course, not the commercial types on full sized pickups. .

I guess I don't understand why folks are saying the FJ can't handle a snow plow. Is it because of the IFS, the auto trans. ? Because the FJ is too 'nice'? .........What?

DEWFPO
I spent 10 years plowing snow (before I moved to a warm climate) with everything from Jeeps, Toyotas, 1/2ton, 3/4ton, 2ton pickups. I ran at least 5 trucks in the winter doing commercial plowing. I found my guys did less damage to the Jeeps and Toyotas because they thought the bigger trucks were bullet proof. Driving offroad is the same as plowing snow, it is not what you drive it is how you drive. Your FJ will do fine, as long as remember it is not a Bulldozer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
must admit, i'm tired of the snow blower. Just bought my first used 07 fj instead of the pick up truck with the snow plow already attached! Ten to eighteen inches of the white stuff expected this friday, fun fun. I am considering the meyers home plow and looking for a little more insight. I am leaning towards grimsgarage's feeling. I've seen some people give out some pretty bad beatings on 4x4's. It comes down to not driving it like you stole it.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
My Honda snowblower works well enough for my driveway and walk. It's an HS55, one of the smaller track driven full function blowers they make.

If I was gonna plow it, I'd buy an old reliable 4 wheeler with a plow already attached. I wonder if my 2.5 coilovers would hold up a plow :thinker :

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
The FJ stays nice and safe in the garage when it snows. When I have to plow the driveway I crank up the Rhino with a 6' snowplow. Handled Snowmagedden in January/February 2011, so I think it will handle anything I'll ever see.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Any pics and/or reviews of plowing with your FJ ?
love it. got a great deal on the 26000 series with shipping and front hitch included, no tax. So i have an extra hitch in the box sitting in my garage. The front hitch is a little high, but i put a pair of 2x4s under the wheels to solve that. better than snow blowing and less work. sloped driveways are always tricky, my buddy had a hard time with his 3500 with a boss split wing in the same driveways i found tricky. i did all my neighbors ( the ones i like ) all last season with ease. And we got a couple of good storms last season.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the followup...

I plowed with my old 99 Taco, then once that was "taken away" by Toyota, it was replaced with an '01 F350 CC 7.3 and new Fisher... Pushes well, but, driveway agility is not a high-point...

·
Registered
20 Posts
what about the fiberglass plows or whatever they are... i see them used alot around my area in the factories and such, and they don't go easy on those things, lol, i also am wondering about this and who builds one that doesn't take any clearences away and looks like nothing is there.
Has anyone found a plow hookup made for the FJ? I'm not interested in plowing commercially, just my own driveway.
DodgeBrotherJim in CT

·
Premium Member
6,497 Posts
I found these on Google....

DEWFPO

·
Premium Member
6,497 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts