Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thank you Mr Stalin...have anther vodka. Only the party propaganda shall be disiminated to the people...The people shall not think on their own.

WOW
OMG! :rofl::rofl::rofl:
hehe I like that one

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it IS done, I'm glad I got mine. Doesn't matter much one way or the other as far as I see. Why does it seem to matter so much to everyone? I like to have a unique vehicle and this is one, more so because there are fewer of them in IA than in say San Diego.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discontinuing the FJ will only serve to increase its desireability, in my opinion. I can see its appeal and value increasing in a few years if it's no longer available as a new model, much like the original FJ.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discontinuing the FJ will only serve to increase its desireability, in my opinion. I can see its appeal and value increasing in a few years if it's no longer available as a new model, much like the original FJ.
Well said!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
... Except - that would be abuse of their powers and outside the scope of their "job" here on the forum.

It is not for any of us - mods included - to decide if a topic has been discussed too much and has been enough already.

If, as a reader and participant in this forum, you feel that a topic has run its course - opt out and don't participate in the conversation. You have the choice to "not read" any more about it.

:wave:

A.W.D.
Not Here, this is a privately owned forum, not one held
to public, reader or participant contol, and the mod's,
admins, and owners do have the say and control based
on the owners (autoforums) decresion...

I do agree on your last thought, don't like, don't read... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Except - that would be abuse of their powers and outside the scope of their "job" here on the forum.

It is not for any of us - mods included - to decide if a topic has been discussed too much and has been enough already.

If, as a reader and participant in this forum, you feel that a topic has run its course - opt out and don't participate in the conversation. You have the choice to "not read" any more about it.

:wave:

A.W.D.
I'd beg to differ This topic has defenatly run its course, and its getting quite annoying seeing several threads on the same page, on several different sub forms. As i'm writing this there another "FJ discontinued" thread in on page 1in the general disscussion forums. Its the same in every thread. Iheard this fro this person, i heard that from this person... If the FJ gets discontinued then fine. If it doesn't then fine.

Now while I dont want to see the FJ go away, I do know that a lower production number makes a car more rare. So, how awesome would it be to stop the depreciation on our vehicles and possibly have a low production collectable.

Not for years and years to come. The defender 90 was limited in numbers and was a bit more exclusive, hence why the price now is high. The FJ was/is built in high volumes. Unless you keep yours in mint condition and never off road it (whitch 90% of us will never do for good reason:rocker:) then value will remain the relitivlely the same. Com'on guys, were talking about an FJ Cruiser. Not a shebly mustang. Dealers are selling FJ's for nearly 10K off sticker price in some areas. Hopfully, i'll be keeping mine forever and i'll be handing the keys to my kids one day and the'll havea"Classic" to drive in high school.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I admit it, I am responsible for some of the latest threads about this topic. I apologize to any and every one who might be annoyed by my posts about the FJ's possible discontinuation, but I feel that if I have any new information about it, I think at least some other Forum members would like to know, as well.

That is my two cents worth and once again, if I have annoyed anyone, I apologize! That was never my intention!

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I'd beg to differ This topic has defenatly run its course, and its getting quite annoying seeing several threads on the same page, on several different sub forms. As i'm writing this there another "FJ discontinued" thread in on page 1in the general disscussion forums. Its the same in every thread. Iheard this fro this person, i heard that from this person... If the FJ gets discontinued then fine. If it doesn't then fine.

Not for years and years to come. The defender 90 was limited in numbers and was a bit more exclusive, hence why the price now is high. The FJ was/is built in high volumes. Unless you keep yours in mint condition and never off road it (whitch 90% of us will never do for good reason:rocker:) then value will remain the relitivlely the same. Com'on guys, were talking about an FJ Cruiser. Not a shebly mustang. Dealers are selling FJ's for nearly 10K off sticker price in some areas. Hopfully, i'll be keeping mine forever and i'll be handing the keys to my kids one day and the'll havea"Classic" to drive in high school.
personally I don't care. I would like them to keep making them, but if they don't parts aren't going to dry up for many years to come. As far as it being a classic, you never know what will happen in the future. Some cars are destined to be collectors items. Will this be the FJ's future? Probably not. But after a 3 year production run, there won't be as many out there in years to come, and they might hold their value. You can just never tell. I have a 72 Gran Torino (for sale) and was amazed at what they are valued at and selling for. About twice what I thought they would be. We all have ours, so as long as there are parts in the future what's the big deal?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I admit it, I am responsible for some of the latest threads about this topic. I apologize to any and every one who might be annoyed by my posts about the FJ's possible discontinuation, but I feel that if I have any new information about it, I think at least some other Forum members would like to know, as well.

That is my two cents worth and once again, if I have annoyed anyone, I apologize! That was never my intention!
I must appoligize myself if i came off rude. That was not my intension. The problem is that there really hasn't been any new info. Intill toyota sends out a press release about it, its all it is is sepeculation. And its the same stuff thread after thread. If its truely somthing new then great. But from what i've read its all been what salesmen have been telling them. One magazine says one thing,..another somthing else.

personally I don't care. I would like them to keep making them, but if they don't parts aren't going to dry up for many years to come. As far as it being a classic, you never know what will happen in the future. Some cars are destined to be collectors items. Will this be the FJ's future? Probably not. But after a 3 year production run, there won't be as many out there in years to come, and they might hold their value. You can just never tell. I have a 72 Gran Torino (for sale) and was amazed at what they are valued at and selling for. About twice what I thought they would be. We all have ours, so as long as there are parts in the future what's the big deal?
Agreed. But i don't think its fair to compare a 72" Grand Torino to a current model FJ cruiser. If the economy hasn't completly collapsed in 35 years, then i'm sure a mint condition FJC could bring ina few bucks. But i'm not holding my breath.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
"Well we didn't see any point in bringing the FJ because this is the last year for it."

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :flame:

·
Registered
876 Posts
From the bottom of the page/s in this site:

Autoguide.com

"The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.

AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.

Visit AutoGuide.com today.

For advertising information, on the AutoGuide.com network please request a media kit or email us: [email protected]
"

This could be construed as my basis for posting earlier that none of us users or the Mods have a right to decide when a topic is "enough already." By virtue of the owners' purpose of the site, deleting or closing such threads would be contrary to such.

So many of us on this forum are so regularly in attendance, that perhaps we get feeling a bit too "big" about ourselves, and forget the potential thousands of users who aren't finished with our bellowing yet. They may still want to read on...so as to share opinions in this community about the topic.

Why should they be shut out simply because we're "over it?"
They shouldn't - we [who are done with a topic] can move on and leave it to those whom are not.

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As the OP of this thread I will say this...

I WAS SIMPLY RELATING AN EXPERIENCE I HAD AT THE AUTOSHOW!!!!

NOT TRYING TO GET ANYONE'S DIAPERS IN A BUNCH

NOT AGREEING OR DISAGREEING ON THE DISCONTINUATION OF THE FJ

NOT STARTING A DEBATE ABOUT FORUM MODERATORS POWER OR QUESTIONING WHO OWNS THE FORUM OR SUPPORTING THE "LOCKING OUT" OF POSTS THAT OTHERS MAY BE TIRED OF.....

Again, I was simply talking about my personal experience at the Cincinnati AutoShow...

DAMMMMMMMMM! Glad I wasn't talking Religion or Politics or the poop really would have hit the rotating air mover.

Now can we just all have a little fun :simmadown:

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

:clap:

(P.S. Sorry, this might have been the result of beer - Dragon?)

A.W.D.
Wiz...
That's funny, Thanks for taking us back down to the fun-zone.:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
:cheers:

A.W.D.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If it IS done, I'm glad I got mine. Doesn't matter much one way or the other as far as I see. Why does it seem to matter so much to everyone? I like to have a unique vehicle and this is one, more so because there are fewer of them in IA than in say San Diego.
Youse gotta problem wit Sandy Eggo?????????

I think back to my high skrool days...I loved '69 Z-28 Camaros...still do...whoda thought they would ever go for the amount they do now. I can see the FJ being a classic (all it takes is age, 25 years I think) and if they are "limited" in production, well, maybe my Son will have a valuable auto on his hands (if I don't wear it out first)!

Maybe I should have kept those original shocks, springs, and smashed up factory plate afterall...

21 - 40 of 143 Posts