Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to put my amp in a place that was accessible but out of the way....I think I completed my mission.

I started with this...

A little cutting and some gluing....

A little kitty hair...

Sanding and prep work (the flap wheel on the dremel was a time saver)

A little SEM texture then I painted the entire panel with SEM plastic paint, Landau Black

My final install...this shows the access available for me to make modifications to my amp. There is also a little pod I made in the back holding the amp in place but I never took pictures of it....probably will for the subwoofer amp going in the same place on the other side.

And here is what it looks like with the plate on (and my 6.5" pods I fiberglassed in the back which looks like it has waves in the fiberglass due to the crappy pic but really doesn't).

That is all....hope you enjoyed the show!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
lets see more pics of the those 6.5 pods. The amp set up looks great

·
Registered
305 Posts
gotcha, that looks awesome! If i knew how to do fiber glass i would do the same thing! Nice work

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fiberglass is easy...there is a forum dedicated to it that I go to quite often.

Easy Steps:

1. Do a little research (youtube videos and web forums) and buy some rubber gloves and a good mask (not a cheap paper one...you will figure out what kind when you do your research.
2. Get some resin and MEKP at Autozone or Lowe's or somewhere...I live in Germany so I have to get mine from a supplier.
3. Grab an old coke can and wax it twice to a nice shine with carnuba wax
4. Wrap the coke can in an old t-shirt sleeve or something
5. Mix the resin and MEKP (follow manufacturers directions)
6. Paint the resin mixture on with an old paintbrush
7. Put it in the sun for a while
8. Pull the t-shirt tube off
9. Throw the tube around a bit until you get bored
10. Plan another project and get to work

Above all, follow the manufacturers directions on mixing the resin/mekp or you could end up with brittle material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts