Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beaverton Toyota just lost their #1 fan. Took FJ in a while back to replace a rear door seal that was torn. They replaced it under warranty. Problem is that the idiot doing the work used silicone grease instead of sealer to attach the seal. Whenever it is hot out, the door pulls the seal off the truck. Took it back and they added sealer to the crap oozing out of the seal. What a mess.
So far I have three messages to my service rep, one physical visit to service, one phone call to customer service manager. All unresponsive. The twist in their nickers is that I want the part under warranty and I will install it. They blew their chance to get it done properly.
Has anyone had experience with regional customer support?

///iPad

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Get online and contact Toyota Customer Care (USA).

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dealer problems & hopefully Toyota Customer Care or another dealer in your area can get this resolved without too many more grey hairs appearing in your head.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had great results with contacting Toyota Customer Care (USA) - resolved an issue in 24 hours that the dealer couldn't in three weeks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had great results with contacting Toyota Customer Care (USA) - resolved an issue in 24 hours that the dealer couldn't in three weeks.
^^ Thats very good to know, unfortunately I'm sure we've all had issues with A dealership in some way shape or form! I just can't believe that there is no more pride in workmanship anymore, especially at the stealership...... Grrrrr!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
seems to be hit or miss, and more miss ... a few people on here get excellent support from their local stealership ... its miss with mine ... I won't even buy parts there ...

I'm no expert, but you would think in the long term a happy customer brings more money in to the business than the original sale, and there's a good chance the person buys their next vehicle there too ...
:bandit:

·
Registered
8 Posts
^^ Thats very good to know, unfortunately I'm sure we've all had issues with A dealership in some way shape or form! I just can't believe that there is no more pride in workmanship anymore, especially at the stealership...... Grrrrr!
Workmanship - agreed. Granted my issue was unique - an invalid VIN (as a result I couldn't get several safety recalls repaired at any dealer in the US). What I was told would be a simple 48-hour process turned into 3-4 weeks. A call to Toyota USA and within 24-hours the local Warranty Manager called me and scheduled an appoint to fix everything the next day.

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I'm no expert, but you would think in the long term a happy customer brings more money in to the business than the original sale, and there's a good chance the person buys their next vehicle there too ...
:bandit:
That's just it, they do know that, which is why they are all "Yes" men all the time and courteous to your face. Problem is that not may like us know how or care to follow up on them so most never find out otherwise. :|

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
is the rear door seal glued in to begin with? or does it have integral push pins? my apologies bc I have not looked at my rear door gasket.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Start going to Wilsonville. BT turned into a joke for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The customer service rep said that Toyota includes the sealant with the door seal. Now I'm worried that Toyota is using grease to adhere door seals. My BS-0-Meter is fully pegged.

The install instructions said to use silicone. Never mentioned that it was included, nor did it mention sealant or grease. Just "silicone". I can see where the break in communication came from. Simple and understandable mistake. Just the way they handled it stinks.

Too bad I can't clean the funk out of the seal I have. It is too narrow where it fits to the pinch weld to give it a good scrub. Silicone grease is a real pain to get off rubber.

Oh well. If they order a new "kit" I will be sure to post pics and update this thread. Thanks for all of the great feedback!

///iPad

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
While I've never had too many issues with Beaverton Toyota, I second Wilsonville Toyota for service. Loved them when I had my Tundra. All Russ dealerships suck smelly monkey gooch.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I could share stories within a year and half of owning my FJ that would make some people just cringe. The last one was a keeper. I asked the dealership to remove my diff drop spacers. After the shop foreman took one look at my rig he flat out denied me service. Yes I know it is a very simple request but at the time I wasn't aware of that. So I explained to him what needed to be done and he's response verbatim "If its so easy, do it yourself" how's that for customer service. I about fell flat on my backside. Needless to say, he will never see my rig in his shop EVER again!! I then just for spits and giggles checked the Yelp rating on this dealership and they have never received a rating higher than 2 stars. I now use Yelp all the time and I was wondering if many of you do check Yelp before using a stealership?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Yelp has turned into a royal *****-a-thon. I feel sorry for any of the vendors they cover.
Until Yelp requires people to post their real identities, all feedback should be taken with a grain of salt.

Imagine a scenario where you could search a reviewer and realize they are impossible to please and so the reviewer also has a rating.

A 1 star reviewer just left a 4 star restaurant a bad review....hmmmm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts