Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected]@))[email protected])))
Tumble weeds blowing by. :)
Lets get some people in here!!
Quick intro while I'm here. Name's Kuldip, I'm from Vancouver Canada.
Fell in love with the FJ back in January at the auto show here.
I work with the auto industry, the advertising aspect of it.
Looking to put money down on an FJ within a few weeks, but recently I've been re-thinking that. Last thing I need is to pay an arma nd a leg when it fisrt comes out and then 3 months later see the price drop. Not too sure what to do now.
My connections at a local Toyota dealership say that it will be available in Jan and they will be taking orders in Oct / Nov. Around that time they say that they will know more about what options will be available. They won't know the price until 7 days before delivery. Which bites.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Kuldip said:
[email protected]@))[email protected])))
Tumble weeds blowing by. :)
Lets get some people in here!!
Quick intro while I'm here. Name's Kuldip, I'm from Vancouver Canada.
Fell in love with the FJ back in January at the auto show here.
I work with the auto industry, the advertising aspect of it.
Looking to put money down on an FJ within a few weeks, but recently I've been re-thinking that. Last thing I need is to pay an arma nd a leg when it fisrt comes out and then 3 months later see the price drop. Not too sure what to do now.
My connections at a local Toyota dealership say that it will be available in Jan and they will be taking orders in Oct / Nov. Around that time they say that they will know more about what options will be available. They won't know the price until 7 days before delivery. Which bites.

Wow, I would be suprised if they were actually available in January, that seems pretty quick. I like the looks of the FJ as well, and would like to pick one up but also will wait for the initial price to drop. In the beginning I think people will be paying MSRP, after the initial burst I think it will go for a little below MSRP, but probably not a ton. Toyotas seem to be pretty consistent in their pricing and hold their value very well.

I'm curious to see how people like the FJ in an off-road condition.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thinking about some more , I think I'm OK with paying the manufactures price, what ever it may be. I plan on leasing it and most of the payments will come back at the end of the year in tax returns. I've deciding to go and put some coin down next week on it. When I pick it up the first place I drive it will be up a mountain. I live in British Columbia so it's just a matter of picking which mountain I should climb. :)
I'm 30 years old and this is going to be my first new vehicle, never had the desire to buy anything new before, but man am I stoked for the FJ. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Awesome, make sure you keep us updated on the process, due date, and how you like the vehicle (complete with them mountain pics) once you get it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, New poster here, I wonder if anyone ever reads these anymore, Is there a better forum somewhere?
I am currently overseas in the Army, I hope to purchase one of these when I return from this damn place, any idea when they are coming out? I talked to my Toyota dealer and he said this summer or fall (2005) Rather odd for a "2007" vehicle.
and I hope there are more than just blue, yellow and Tan for colors. I am 34, and this will be my first Toyota, I hope it doesn't turn into a chicks vehicle too. :)
Any info would be great guys.... Kinda hard to get it over here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told it that dealers will start taking orders "officially" Oct or Nov. With a scheduled delivery date of Jan 06. I'm been trying to pay off my bike like mad so in 6 months I'll be in an FJ :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
When we bought our Acura RSX TypeS it had just come out that month and we had to fight fight fight to get MSRP. It was exhausting and took all the fun out of owning a new car. Hopefully they'll make enough FJ's that I can wait until they're accepting below MSRP. I don't really want to wait though! Ideally, if you're really smart, you'll wait until the following year after they've worked out all the first-year, new model, bugs.
Who else liked the concept Honda Element until it came out and then hated it? I hope that doesn't happen with the Toyota. Although, if they stay true to the idea of the old FJ, it'll be just fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya I really want one bad but am thinking I may wait at least a few months after the launch. I really don't want to get screwed on the price. You know every dealer will expect you to pay top dollar for it when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Is there any current info available re: interior, photos, layout & specifically the ceiling mounted speakers, will they be optional or standard; is there any additional info re: the TRD off road package, i.e. , winch availabiltiy & location(s) on truck; and any numbers forecasted re: the # of manual trans six(6) speed models, thanks ;)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I dont think there is any concrete information out just yet. The car is still quite a ways from production, and Toyota has been very tight lipped about specific details.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pin Drop.

So I went and put a $500 REFUNDABLE deposit down for an FJ. (actually the wife did it as I am still here in KUWAIT)
Dealer said something about going to the dock to "pick them out" and if he had deposits he could get more.. or something. Sounds like a crock, Can't I order one EXACTLY the way I want it?
I too think I may wait for a year ( I mean I should test drive it and stuff) although I will be without a vehicle when I return home to Vermont from the damn HOT desert! Maybe I should look for an old 4X4 pickup to tide me over until next year.... hmmmm.
The wife told me the dealer said they were going to get em in OCT or NOV, I am beginning to think the dealer is snowing me.
Worse comes to worse I can get a 4runner. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe as the FJ get's closer to being released to the public that this forum will take off like a rocket. Believe it or not there are still many people who are not aware that it is actually going into production. Some still may think that it's merely a concept vehicle and that's it. I can remeber when I purchased my first 350Z. I ordered it months before it came out, so I was one of the first people in the country to get one. Several people stopped me and actually asked how was I able to purchase a "concept car"? That was in November and December of 2002 and my first 350Z was a 2003 model.

-Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
I keep checking back in here, hoping to find some new info. I'll be glad when the detail drought is over. The suspense is getting to me.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I cannot wait to see this thing in person. Talked the woman into allowing me to put down a deposit as soon as the furniture is paid for - thank god for a second job. I can't wait. I am still trying to score some tickets to SEMA so I can see it in person. If I can go to that show - you can rest assured that I will take a camera and TONS of pictures. This is pretty exciting stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have my FJ on order. I will be getting it the beginning of may. I got all the bells and whistles on it. I chose silver as my color. The dealership here had one and it is a pretty cool looking vehicle

·
Registered
130 Posts
You think this is bad - heck as of last week my dealer did'nt have a brochure on the FJC. He's in the dark too - It'll get better as 27th roles around.
My FJ is due to arrive in Denver in "mid May or June", I can wait - more time save a larger downpayment!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We actually had some one from Denver down here with one last week. So it looks as if we will be getting ours around the same time.

·
Registered
449 Posts
What the F?
Is this like the first post ever?
I hope they build it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts