Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was wheeling in a ravine that required moving angled, wheels flat, along the right side of the base of the ravine's "V" resulting about a 35-40 degree side tilt on the inclinometer. The tightness of the "V" of the ravine was such that if I rolled my window down, I could reach out and touch the ground on the left side of the "V."

Anyway, I hit a rock and tipped the FJ into the left side of the ravine, hitting another rock on that side of the ravine on my rear quarter panel, right above the tire (which luckily bounced me a bit and caused me to tip the slight bit back over to have all four wheels once again on the right side of the ravine).

So, I've now got a about a 3x2x2" dent on that rear quarter panel. I figure I'll put some clear enamel on the scratches to protect the paint from rust and just leave it. It seems too small to spend the money to get fixed, especially if more such dents are on the way. What do YOU do with such dents on your FJ?

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have a pretty good series of dents from an off trail experience at Harlan. I got a price of $400 to fix it which is not bad at all, but I am thinking I'll wait till I have a couple more (and I will) and get them all fixed at once. Just part of the deal when you off road on serious trails. Seems my paint at 4 years old schedule is getting moved up.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Wear them proudly...................

·
Registered
442 Posts
Pictures....

I don't have a dent, yet, I do have trail rash that starts at the front driver marker light all the way to the driver side brake light. It gives it character, a real off road FJ not a Mall Cruiser.

Wear them proud.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
leave em' it builds character. Well the way we look at it...if we're going to use it the body isn't going to look the best..and one day if we decide to repair the body we'll do it all at once.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I got two on the same panel i have already had replaced. the passenger clam door.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Show those dents off!!! They add character to the FJ!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I close my eyes and caress them softly. They mean a lot to me and it be a shame for them to go through life never knowing how proud I really am of their achievements.

Lovely things, really.

Okay, I have to go outside now cause you got me thinking about them. BRB...

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Ah. I'm back. Much better now.:weird:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I think I have a total of 3 dents... one big one by the tail light on passenger side....passenger front panel...(some ding bat hit us a month after buying the fj...we took the insurance money and bought the bumper) and some dents around the wheel well on driver side rear... I quite proud we "use" it... and we've had nothing but compliments even with it all dented up..:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Well, dents drive me nuts....I get them fixed as fast as I can. I am lucky because a buddy of mine owns a body shop, so I help and the cost is little to none. I think it has to do with me being a perfectionist, believe me it's not fun at times.....but I guess someone has to be this way!!!!And yes I do wheel often and have had a few dents. Last one being on the way to Cruise Moab and a guy backed into me while at the gas station. He did pay for the repair...no questions asked!!!

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
I think I have a total of 3 dents... one big one by the tail light on passenger side....passenger front panel...(some ding bat hit us a month after buying the fj...we took the insurance money and bought the bumper) and some dents around the wheel well on driver side rear... I quite proud we "use" it... and we've had nothing but compliments even with it all dented up..:rofl:
Did ya get rid of the tire mark on your roof?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.