Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
That would be the package which does not include a personal lubricant from the dealership! I saw that last night and couldn't believe the dealership had the balls to ask that for a moderately modified FJ. I talked with my dealership yesterday about a warranty on an FJ I just purchased and he said he had an 03' hummer that he couldn't get more than $12K for from the wholesaler.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
the dealer that offers that is actually pretty cool. It is way up there in price but since they installed everything that also means your warranty will cover all the items too. even the aftermarket stuff. I don't say it's worth it but it would be nice to not ever be denied warranty work.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Ok, the ARB bumper is cool. Winch? Nope, just a hole. The rack looks functional, but why is it that car dealers so often tend to lack the common aesthetic design sense God gave baby geese. Black everything - EXCEPT the step rails and light guards? Not that I am a fashion maven by any means, but there's just not enough chrome on the rims to carry the other two major parts. That and I have never been a fan of diamond-plate. It always reminds me of ******* pickup tool carriers. I just see diamond-plate and automatically begin hearing "Achy Breaky Heart" drilling into my head.

Maybe I just haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning. Naw, I'm just a cynical bastard. Give that ride a full blackout treatment and damn that'd be one hot-looking rig. Better come with a hummer at that price though, and I'm not talking about an AM General product either.

Howls,
FJ Wolf

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Ahhh Thompson Toyota. I grew up in that area, they were always higher on price. Only $45,348 what a deal. I bought mine for $18K less and could put twice what they have on that thing for $18K.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
299$ for an IPOD interface???
OH you mean the STOCK AUX port?

BirdMan

·
Registered
476 Posts
I saw this a few months ago when I was looking for my TT Edition. That is crazy! SO, where is the crawler package? Just an over priced Fj in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I saw this a few months ago when I was looking for my TT Edition. That is crazy! SO, where is the crawler package? Just an over priced Fj in my opinion.

Depends on what dealer you go to. Modesto Toyota sells the FJ Crawler packages, and there mark up is $6,000. That includes, the OME lift, pro-comp 17x8 wheels, 33" pro-comp mud terrain tires, ARB bumper,Warn 8K winch, IPF fog lights (Lights in the bumper) , IPF spot lights, ARB full roof rack, and ARB rock rails or predatror side steps. Not only is your factory warranty maintained, if there ever a problem with the aftermarket equipment, the dealer handles all the warranty work for the aftermarket equipment. A friend of mine works at the parts department of medesto toyota, and he told me cause of the high gas prices, they let a couple of them go for around $32K. Thats a hell of a deal for all that equipment and to still have your warranty to be coverd. Even at regular price they were $37, $38K whitch isn't bad. And no, the FJ's that they sold were equiped preety much fully loaded from the get go and not stripped down models.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Those tube steps and diamond plate trim just scream MALL CRAWLER!!:simmadown:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
And i'm sure the ARB bumper, warn winch and OME suspention scream are part of that same "Mall Crawler" package huh?:rolleyes:
Nope, just those that I mention.:)

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I do like the Diamond plate rocker covers, yes they are show, but I like then anyway. I think I'll pick up a sheet of that type & make a set. As for the price.... Like everyone else said.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
4 wheel parts or Dealer Services International (DSI) --same company-- do "dealer only" specials that the dealerships mark up a ridiculous amount... if you can get your dealer's DSI rep on the phone (quite the challenge), you can tailor a package that suits your needs and still retains 100% factory warranty (DSI offers a 100K mile powertrain warranty that covers the big tires additional strain)

·
Registered
144 Posts
It would be cheaper to buy a fully loaded black FJ for about 33k and take it to 4 wheel parts and hand them your credit card. You'd be in and out for about 6k plus a winch. And they also offer warranty on their work. So you'd 'save' yourself 6-7k that will be put into your interest payments from financing the FJ.

What a joke
C

1 - 20 of 23 Posts