I think people shopping might want to know :
Trade-in ?
Options ?
Price (less TTL) ?
OTD (incl TTL) ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm obviously new to the forum but just picked up my new (first) 2012 FJC yesterday and so far couldn't be happier!

I traded in my 2011 Nissan Sentra (thank God) w/ ~13,500 miles for $15,000 (about $500 over KBB value)

My FJC is Army Green and it came with the convenience package, upgrade package and the TRD 16" wheels with the BFG off-road tires.

Sticker price was $37,100 (ish)

I talked them down to $33,700 ($225 over invoice), but ate about $3600 in negative equity on the trade-in. I was able to get 1.9% financing for 60 months and a $500 rebate (considered down payment) for being active duty Army. I ended up OTD at just over $39,000 with GAP insurance and extended warranty included. I admit it was more than I originally wanted to spend, but what the hell! I'm on my way to Fairbanks, Alaska and wanted something that would do well in snow/ice as well as able to do some wheeling (never done that either). It seems like I got a good deal but if I got screwed please feel free to let me know!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I was told by a friend who is a new car sales manager that he has no real idea what the dealership (owner) is actually making on the sale of a new car. He said basically, they are given a number and will not sell a car for less then that.

It is obvious that bottom number has the PROFIT included the dealer & manufacture want to make on the sale.

Now depending on the sales person & sales manager you are going to pay what ever they feel they can get out of you OVER that bottom number.

DO NOT SHOP FOR A DEALERSHIP…….. shop for a sales person

- Pick younger sales people.

- If you are a man pick a man, if you are female pick a man. Never buy from women, For men a smile or flirtatious pat on the back from a pretty saleswomen can cost you a few hundred bucks!:mecry:

- Personally (And this is just a personal choice i'm not sure it is the best way) I research, decide a number I am willing to pay & stick to it no matter what.

In the case of my FJ I paid around $188.00 more then the number I picked but got them to add the cargo mat, floor mat & net so I look at it as even more options for less because those 3 options totaled more then $188.00.

Some people rather play the high/low game & that can work too.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
go right back and cancel GAP insurance and extended warranty. GAP is just a losers bet. when was the last time you totaled a car. GAP coverage may be purchased at any time during the period a vehicle is financed

as for extended warranty you probably overpaid for that too. you can buy a toyota extended warranty anytime up to when your normal warranty expires. and you can find it cheaper too. search the forum this has been covered.
why pay for a warranty that doesnt take effect for 3 years ...

·
Registered
464 Posts
$500 over invoice on the car but then added extras. Leather and heated front seats.

·
Registered
153 Posts
2012 base model 4wd auto, with rear locker, roof rack, tow hitch and passenger armrest.

30190.46 out the door INCLUDING tag, tax and title.

On a side note, there is a 2012 iceberg base model 4wd, auto, w/rear locker for sale at Jim Norton Toyota in Tulsa, OK. Sticker price is right around 28800.00

·
Registered
7 Posts
Purchased late March

2012 Iceberg 4x4 CQ,OF, DRL, Alloy Wheels, roof rack, carpet mats

MSRP 33,700
Invoice 31,815

I got it at 31,800

OTD around low 34k.

no trade in

first car purchase ever, love the ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2012, Iceberg, Loaded. $150 over invoice. Look at the entire invoice sheet. Even at invoice the dealer makes hold back money, which is about $650. The dealer also charges a doc fee. that is the dealers b.s. fee that you can demand to remove. If they refuse, walk out, they will remove the fee. Careful with trade ins. You will get 30% to 50% more selling it yourself. My local Toyota dealer offered me $7,500 for my truck trade in. They told me the marker is soft on bad gas mileage full size trucks. B.S. I sold it in 3 hrs for $10,500 CASH. It is much better to negotiate using cash or having your financing figured out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought my FJ today. I've been shopping all this last weekend and did a lot of research here and online at truecar.com

MSRP: 32320

The purchase price I got was 30415.

Obviously there was still tax and liscense but that varies from place to place.

Oh the FJ came with convenience package and offroad package. 4x4 AT

·
Registered
33 Posts
Local dealer has a fully loaded 2012 Black FJ, Auto. MSRP $34,929 and they're listing it online for $30,988.

From what I can tell that seems to be way under "invoice"

Too good to be true?

·
Registered
423 Posts
In 2010 I was able to get a brand new 2010 for 29000 with the convenience package. So they will still budge sticker said almost 34000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just found this forum through google and here is my first post. Thanks for all the helpful info! I'm planning to buy my first FJ and live in Los Angeles. I went through Costco's program and was directed to the Glendale dealership. Met with their internet sales guy and he told me that their price is Dealer invoice + $500 markup.

I asked about a Calvary Blue with convenience package and was quoted $30,700 + TTL. Only problem is that they have to get it from a sister dealership in San Diego - said that they have been sitting on it since January though, so it should be easy to get.

Also was offered the Radiant Red Trail Teams SE, but I have to special order it since they have already presold the 3 they had on order. Was quoted $33,389; $36,724 OTD. What do you guys think? Are those good prices or should I try to haggle some more below the Costco price?

Also, do you think it's worth it to upgrade to the TT SE? I like both colors, but not really sure that the TT upgrades are worth another $3 grand. Could someone tell me the main upgrades that the TT has over the base FJ w/convenience package?

Finally, I'm really shocked at how much the used FJs cost - there is hardly any value for depreciation. I've been searching for a Voodoo Blue 07 or 08 because I love that color, but I only keep finding models with 60K+ miles for $22k and higher. So basically for another $8,000 I can get a brand new 2012 model vs a 2007. It's crazy. :mecry:

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Picking up my new 2012 on Saturday. Quicksand with convenience package and off road package. 4X4 Auto. I got it for $300 under invoice. MSRP was over $33K, bought for $30,600 +TTL :cheers:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
just ordered a 2013. MRSP 34700. dealer sold it to me at invoice price 32600.
convenience and upgrade package with bunch of accessories.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just picked up a 2012 Iceberg 4x4 last week. Came with CQ/OF packages...and opted for extending warranty and service plans. MSRP was around 33.4k...ended up taking it for $600 below dealer invoice (and dealer check for $700). With trade-in..out the door was around 28.4k.

Pricing really depends on what time of the year you go. And DO NOT talk to the guys outside. Talk to the fleet manager. They dont work off commission, they go by bulk sales.

·
Registered
26 Posts
4x4 automatic
CQ
UR

RL day time running lights
LF roof rack
CR passenger center arm
SF Stainless steel exhaust tip
Ds door sill enhacements

trailert hitch

for 32.5k+ttl

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Army Green AT 4WD, offroad package, tinted windows, roof rack, carpet, FJammer blue tooth no sub, back up cam, driver arm rest, dash compass, keyless entry, DRL, alloy wheels(crap tires), no tow package no sonar. Dealer list 32,500 'ish. Out the door with some very minor hail damage on hood $28,751.00

No sales tax in Montana!

41 - 60 of 65 Posts