Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. It is November and they are talking March release. I am guessing that is ambitious.

You got to figure that initial hype and limited availability will result in no discounts or maybe even over sticker.

Now no BFGs?

Special edition black on black coming later?

When do you think your driveway will see an FJ?

I am guessing that It will be summer before I get one unless I can find a dealer with the model I want willing to deal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Considering that it is Nov. and I am reading every possible post, scouring the earth for updated pics, and transfering funds to different bank accounts; I'm going to have to say it will be March '06 for me. Yes unfortunately this means I'll be paying MSRP over more, but I'm not sure I can wait 3-6 months for the price to drop or other options (BFG's) to become available. The way I see it...the extra cost I am paying upfront will be spread out over the useful life of this car. Since I plan to give it to my great grandchildren I think I can suck it up and shell out the extra cash.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
csherrill said:
Considering that it is Nov. and I am reading every possible post, scouring the earth for updated pics, and transfering funds to different bank accounts; I'm going to have to say it will be March '06 for me. Yes unfortunately this means I'll be paying MSRP over more, but I'm not sure I can wait 3-6 months for the price to drop or other options (BFG's) to become available. The way I see it...the extra cost I am paying upfront will be spread out over the useful life of this car. Since I plan to give it to my great grandchildren I think I can suck it up and shell out the extra cash.
Same here. I will own one as soon as one with the equipment I want hits the dealer. I am dying to see Toyota's offical pricing for this thing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
From what I am seeing and reading it appears that the official pricing should be out in Dec. Is that what everyone else is hearing or assuming as well?

Also I was reading on other forums the other day that the rear windows would not roll down. I was bumed out about that...and maybe all of you already know this...but there is a pic of the rear windows rolled down at the SEMA. I'm back in love.

·
Registered
181 Posts
csherrill said:
Also I was reading on other forums the other day that the rear windows would not roll down. I was bumed out about that...and maybe all of you already know this...but there is a pic of the rear windows rolled down at the SEMA. I'm back in love.

Roll down? I think it flips up. The pictures from SEMA show the hydraulic lift arms on either side of the inside window. I don't believe it will roll-down as in my current 4runner. Would be nice though and I will miss this feature if or when I decide to trade the 4runner in on the fj.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah this was a misconception on ih8mud.com as well. When I said rear window I meant the rear passenger window. There was much talk before the SEMA pics came out that there wasn't enough room, etc for the rear passenger windows to roll down. But if you look at the third pic down in the left column...that window is clearly down. http://gallery.dealerrater.com/gallery/shows.asp?manu=&cat=&thisPage=9&galleryId=30

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok yes that is the pic. The window on the access door which swings open is clearly down. Or at least it looks down to me. In the other pics the window is a solid black color like the rear wraparound window. To me it looks like it is down and you can see the older FJ on the other side...as well as what looks like someone looking in the vehicle from the driver side. Does anyone else see this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
you guys check out page23 of that site? there are a ton more pictures. The rear passenger windows appear to be staying put.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok I have looked at all the pics and I am positive that the rear passenger window rolls down. Yes in some of the pics from SEMA the window is clearly up. But a window being up doesn't mean it can't go down. I mean from all the SEMA pics the front window is down...should we assume it never goes up. Anyways check the Toyota main page. In the section with the pics of the FJ on the Rubicon trail there is a pic of a guy driving it over some rocks at night. It is the pic right before the pic of them camping out. In that pic, IMHO the window is down. If it were clear and up I believe there would be more of a reflection or obscure view. Let me know what you guys think after looking at that pic.

And when I say positive, I mean positively uncertain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, the rear suicide window is not down. If you look closely you'll notice 2 white reflections on the window which are light reflections at 11 o'clock and 3 o'clock. I also have not noticed a crank or window switch on the sucide doors. Has anyone seen a picture of the window controls for the driver? There'll need to be 4 buttons if the windows do go down.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Sorry csherrill, my vote is no for the rear windows. (I still hope I am wrong)

4 buttons, one for driver side, one for pass, one for door locks and one for window locks or power mirrors (not sure which).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah I was just checking that on another forum. Can't dispute the lack of a third and fourth window button on the driver side door. Not a deal killer for me since I never intend to sit in the back. But if that window doesn't come down and the leg room in the back is cramped...then the FJ better come equipped with ear plugs so that when I am lugging around friends I don't have to hear all the submarine jokes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
On the other hand, if the window doesn't go down, we can regard this as a positive: This will drive away the pretenders who deep down want mini-van, but want a *cool looking* minivan.

*cough* Benz ML-series *cough* BMW X-series *cough*

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also on page 23, top row, middle picture, shows the inside of the rear door. I don't see any buttons. I don't think the rear window will open. :mad:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
csherrill said:
Yeah I was just checking that on another forum. Can't dispute the lack of a third and fourth window button on the driver side door. Not a deal killer for me since I never intend to sit in the back. But if that window doesn't come down and the leg room in the back is cramped...then the FJ better come equipped with ear plugs so that when I am lugging around friends I don't have to hear all the submarine jokes.

A sunroof would help that feeling a little....

Anyone heard anything about a sunroof?

praetorian said:
On the other hand, if the window doesn't go down, we can regard this as a positive: This will drive away the pretenders who deep down want mini-van, but want a *cool looking* minivan.

*cough* Benz ML-series *cough* BMW X-series *cough*

Cheers,
prat
shhhhh, I think he is talking about me....... ;)

Seriously, it is a little bit of a bummer for me, I have a 5 month old and long road trips with nothing for him to look at WILL suck. That being said, it isn't going to stop me from buying it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One thing I wish they would have done is have the rear door/hatch window roll down into the door like old station wagons used to do. That would be cool and provide great air flow.

For me I'll probably remove the rear seats and keep them in the attic. The back will be for golden retrievers, PA and music gear, mountain bikes, telescope, hockey equipment, sail bag, camping gear, first aid kit, cooler, BBQ grill.....

I'm buying this sucker for utility, ability to drive through powdery NW Florida beach sand, toughness, MPG and admittedly its uniqueness.

I want scratches, sand on the dashboard (inside joke), water over the hood (another inside joke), loose gear on the windshield (another inside joke, not me), rescue the cute neighbor next door when she gets her mustang stuck in the ditch and to pull a stuck jeep out of the mud again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't surfed since high school (Reagan was president). Prefer to snowboard.

FWB it is. I'm a civil slave at Hurlburt Field.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.