Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just trying to get the general consensus of the typical FJ Cruiser owner.

(1) Do you plan to take it off-road at all?
Yes!! I've already taken it all over Anza Borrego. There were a couple of places where I thought the FJ would have trouble being mostly stock (only mods are skids and rock rails) but it took everything in style. Very very capable truck.

(2) If so, what type of terrain?
Mostly So Cal deserts, Anza Borrego Mojave, Death Valley, Johnson Valley, etc

(3) Do you plan to modify it to be more off-road capable?
Yes. Lift, Lights, additional roof rack components, etc

(4) What type of off-roading have you done in the past and with what types of vehicles?
None.

(5) Do you currently have a dedicate trail vehicle?

(6) What major off-road areas have you frequented? (example: Moab, Tellico Rubicon)
See #2

·
Registered
493 Posts
How do you revive a thread after 3 years of death

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone slept inside, with the back seats folded down, their 4wd FJ Crusier while off-roading in Wilderness trails?

This is my main concern as I think about selling my Titan pu and buying a new FJ suv.
Clearly, stock 4wd FJ will outperform the off road riding than my stock Titan 4wd.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Anyone slept inside, with the back seats folded down, their 4wd FJ Crusier while off-roading in Wilderness trails?

This is my main concern as I think about selling my Titan pu and buying a new FJ suv.
Clearly, stock 4wd FJ will outperform the off road riding than my stock Titan 4wd.
Based on the number of people who did the mod elsewhere on this forum to be able to open the rear door from inside the cargo area, a lot more people are sleeping back there than I thought. I'm going to give this a try this summer, since I've gotten a bit tired of tents. I have heard it is best to take the rear seat bottom cushions out, so you have more headroom lying down (they flip up against the back of the front seats when dropping the rear seat back down).

Michael

·
Premium Member
23 Posts

YES!

So far fire roads and logging trails in Maine.

Yes, I'm updating suspension and researching front and rear bumpers with winches.

(4) What type of off-roading have you done in the past and with what types of vehicles?

Light off roading, mostly mudding on deeply rutted logging trails.

I do now!

(6) What major off-road areas have you frequented? (example: Moab, Tellico Rubicon)

No major off road areas but would love to!

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
Just trying to get the general consensus of the typical FJ Cruiser owner.

The real question should be do you drive it on road at all? these guys are hardcore about off roading, i am amazed they dont drop ship their rigs to the trails, then drive as not to waste the rubber on ashalt...LOL

my 2 cents worth

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
The real question should be do you drive it on road at all? these guys are hardcore about off roading, i am amazed they dont drop ship their rigs to the trails, then drive as not to waste the rubber on ashalt...LOL

YES!

So far fire roads and logging trails in Maine.

Yes, I'm updating suspension and researching front and rear bumpers with winches.

Light off roading, mostly mudding on deeply rutted logging trails.

I do now!

No major off road areas but would love to!

61 - 68 of 68 Posts