Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
I one a set of MaxTrax

I like the idea of posting spotters in the back to help out and maybe doing something to cut down on those yelling Burn it.
it was a yellow maxtrax, and you got it after a white ticket burned, right?

if so, that was my ticket.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
It was. I don't recall the burned ticket but was probably too excited to remember. I do remember the awkward conversation that we only heard one side of about the burned ticket but I thought that was much later as I read back at my seat then. I was way at the back too so it was not easy to see what was going on up front.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions. As Woodsman has said, we will be looking at the comments and incorporating some of them into next years event. The spotters in the crowd is a Great idea. I was pulling the majority of the tickets and searching the crowd for winners, its not easy to see or hear people at the back especially if they yell like a mouse and many people yelling burn it as soon as we call the number.

Over the years one of the biggest problem comments that we have dealt with is that the raffle took too long. We have worked hard to cure that problem and that comment has not surfaced this year. That being said, there is always room for improvement and next year will be better.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I bought $295 in tickets and won 3 prizes. I won a super awesome Rally bumper from Demello Offroad. I also won a DB Customz grill insert that can hold a 20" LED bar which was donated by Pure FJ Cruiser. The other thing I won was a set of lower link skids from Redline Land Cruisers.

I already installed the bumper and grill insert sans lights. I ordered a 20" light bar and a couple 6" bars for the bumper.

I was going to install the lower link skids but realized I have two skids for the same side. I fired off a couple emails to Redline but they must still be off cause I haven't gotten a response.

I am super happy. This is the first time I've won anything in a raffle. I always go into it not expecting to win and got surprised this time!

Thanks to all the vendors that donated items to the raffle!!!!!!
Earlier in the day... " don't know why I bought more I have terrible luck.in raffles."
Later that night all I heard was "Got it" "Got it" "GOT IT!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Well, @Woodsman, just my 2 cents, but being one with slight hearing issues, and after reading all the posts so far, and my 20K+ employee corporate life (I have more people in one of the centers that I support than were at this entire event), here are the suggestions that really make sense / are feasible in dealing with this size of a crowd, and won't cost any extra except maybe item 2. (I also noticed just from the group picture that attendance is increasing, as well as raffle ticket sales, so handling a larger crowd obviously gets more difficult):

• spotters, spotters, spotters (this will greatly speed up the process and most likely alleviate the "burn it" interruptions)
  • bigger tent or speakers outside the tent (you couldn't hear 2 ft outside the tent)
  • a poster where tickets are sold with the suggestion of writing down Color - Number Range
  • Repeatedly request people to not yell "Burn It" (I sat up front, and could hear, but found this very offensive and rude of those yelling it)
  • Stick with one type of ticket (i.e. 50/50) if you run out, you run out.
  • Dinners should NOT be earlier, some people didn't even get back from trail runs until 6:30pm
  • Forewarn that tables will be removed, that wasted time moving everybody's trash, etc
  • center aisle not needed with spotters
  • The idea of having vendors time to sell things AFTER the raffle has great merit
Hope this helps sum it up so far :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I won the Micro-Start PPS (personal power supply) Antigravity Batteries (I didn't know batteries could be weightless :lol:)

Pretty awesome little gadget, still have to take it out of the box and play with it, stick my tongue to it and see if it works, you know :lol:
But right now, too busy with stickers :rofl:
I might need @Old Cruiser to help me :rofl:

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
I won the Micro-Start PPS (personal power supply) Antigravity Batteries (I didn't know batteries could be weightless :lol:)

Pretty awesome little gadget, still have to take it out of the box and play with it, stick my tongue to it and see if it works, you know :lol:
windex is your friend .....
having wheeled with OC, he would stop, for no apparent reason, grab his trusty bottle of windex, squirt n clean and apply a new sticker at the drop of a hat, or as he received each new sticker, slowed the trails down greatly ... :rofl::rofl:

Cheers
Baz

:blueblob:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
That's awesome :rofl::rofl:

I thought about it, but the wife would have killed me if I pulled an OC and put stickers on the paint, she already says I have too many and "which ones are coming off for the new ones" :lol: SILLY GIRL !!!!!! >:D

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts

I thought about it, but the wife would have killed me if I pulled an OC and put stickers on the paint, she already says I have too many and "which ones are coming off for the new ones" :lol: SILLY GIRL !!!!!! >:D
:rofl:
I only put stickers on glass.....

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I won the Micro-Start PPS (personal power supply
Those things are great. I brought mine - just in case - and left jumper cables behind.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Excellent summary Moose. All great suggestions.

I toyed with the idea of suggesting prices on tickets be raised to reduce number of tickets but keep the money raised approximately the same. $5 per ticket or something like this. The odds would stay the same because people would spend the same (theoretically). The issue I guess would be risk of reducing impulse buys. I think people are more likely to say 'what the heck... give me 4 tickets for these 4 bucks instead of giving me change'. Not sure they are as likely to say 'here's a dollar, add it to my change and give me 1 raffle ticket'. This could inadvertently reduce the amount raised.

Reactions: FJ Moose

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

Did someone say stickers?? :grin

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
windex is your friend .....
having wheeled with OC, he would stop, for no apparent reason, grab his trusty bottle of windex, squirt n clean and apply a new sticker at the drop of a hat, or as he received each new sticker, slowed the trails down greatly ... :rofl::rofl:

Cheers
Baz

:blueblob:
Never slowed anything- we were always left behind as tailgunner :lol:

Now Im almost an "ism" :lol:

I only put stickers on glass.....
Wuss… :lol:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i agree with many of the prior statements. Starting the dinners earlier would stagger some of the times that people would be lined up for food. Those who ran later or longer runs may not get back to town until after 5:00 which would allow for others to already be eating and making room for those who got in line later and decrease the overall length of the line at any given time.
Also having the raffle on thur. Or fri. Night would allow people enough time the next day to either install their new winnings on their rig or try to find a buyer/trader for things they don't want/need. Plus it may help the vendor business out because if people are waiting on the raffle to see if they win something specific and they don't get it then they may be inclined to go to a vendor booth and buy one outright. By the time the raffle ends saturday the vendors are are all packing up to go home. Just my 2 pennies.:shrug03:
x2 100%

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
spotters would have to be those who did not buy raffle tickets.

otherwise, they are too busy checking their own!

Now, putting names on tickets and ending the free for all to scan tickets, and race to claim could be eliminated with a better way to announce winners. The odds of someone buying tickets and not being present has to be pretty dang small.
In addition to the PA system what about adding a visual way to announce the ticket number as well.

And, instead of 'burning' the ticket. place it aside and come back to it later if not claimed. No need to keep pushing the same raffle item. This gives people time to claim.

Surely, there must be a way to bring the 21st century into the process.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've scanned through this thread, here's an idea. Why not sell ten times less tickets, at ten times higher cost - so sell each ticket at $10 rather than $1? You could still do the deal for spending $100 - i.e $100 gets 11 tickets instead of the current 110.

Stats/chances of winning remain the same as at present.

Benefits:
Same value sold for the organization, but less ranges and stuff to check.
The organizers wouldn't keep running out of tickets on the last day and have to scramble for other ones.
Could even have all tickets the same color! Sucks beating on directors because of the magnetic orange tickets coming out when all yours are white!

Anyone think of any down-side?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Wife and I won a prototype bug screen system for the back window. It's from purefjcruiser. She has claimed it.
Let me know if you have questions on these. It is a Friend of mine that is going to be distributing these through PureFj. I have had one of the prototypes in my truck for almost 2 months and LOVE THEM!!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts