Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that there are at least 9 forum members in Australia that have taken delivery of their FJ - so has anyone got theirs dirty yet?

Ideally with some pics to prove it please!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I got it dirtyish but made sure to quickly wash it again. Savoring the new car smell. I can say that these things are VERY capable off road without any or very few mods. I'll have to try again on the weekend.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Although all reports say they are very capable off road standard I really want to wait until at least the suspension package is in. Call it insurance, or a cop out ?

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call it insurance, or a cop out ?
Oh dear! One and a half inch lifts, 1000k services, new car smell - our counterparts in the US must be shaking their heads with disbelief !! :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
274 Posts
Waiting til my 1000km service before i head out.

Probably not needed, i know.
FYI Toyota don't do a service period at 1000km, all they do is a quick look over, some do a nut and bolt check (most don't). Toyota are too cheap to change the oils in the engine or anything else for that matter and will not do so till 10,000km fist service.

On all my cars I never ever go back to the dealer or any dealer, I change the oil and do all service work myself rather than taking to a place where apprentices practice on my cars :) I should know cause I teach those apprentices that work in your cars and also see what they do ;)

Change the oil yourself at 1000km and use premium oil ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm aware they don't actually service it at 1,000km, i should have said check up :)

I used to change the oils\filters\plugs on my Skyline, but my last car was a '09 Volvo C30. So much plastic shroud! But man, $900 a service? Bleq!

I'll investigate servicing it myself. Got a while to think about it (450km ticked over this afternoon)

·
Banned
274 Posts
I'm aware they don't actually service it at 1,000km, i should have said check up :)

I used to change the oils\filters\plugs on my Skyline, but my last car was a '09 Volvo C30. So much plastic shroud! But man, $900 a service? Bleq!

I'll investigate servicing it myself. Got a while to think about it (450km ticked over this afternoon)
They are pretty easy, only hard bit is you need a special tool for the oil filter cartridge, I ordered one of these on the computer internetz to facilitate this job (on the old Kluger) and its the same system on the FJ motor :) was like $45 or so shipped.

I'll try to take a photo of it and post up the details on the weekend. :bigthumb:

*agreed on the PLASTIC* !!! that is why I hated the Kluger so much, I ripped all that rubbish off, only problem is not much of the under body was left lol.:ninja:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Oh dear! One and a half inch lifts, 1000k services, new car smell - our counterparts in the US must be shaking their heads with disbelief !! :lol: :lol:
That is alright, I waited a year to mod mine up. It did not take long for me to have almost another FJ with all the OEM parts I have taken off now.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
OK, so now that all the thread hi-jacking is hopefully over with - is there any of you blokes out there in Aussie land willing to get it dirty and take a pic? I so wanna see the land downunder with my favorite truck having fun there.

C'mon somebody?

Jerry, G'day Mates :cheers:

·
Registered
308 Posts
G'Day Mate :bigthumb:

There are a lot of us here that would love to fulfil your request... however for most of us, that is going to have to be a while as we impatiently :mecry: wait for delivery. I live in South Australia where the commercials for the FJ here in Australia were filmed and can't wait to get out there in my FJ.

Having said that I also hope someone on here gets out and gets dirty and sends us the pics to prove it :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Headed out today and hit up a few trails and a river crossing.

Sadly, it's nearly midnight, so no pics. But i have to say, it's not that dirty, sorry to disappoint. Maybe next weekend after some rain muddies up the tracks a bit.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Headed out today and hit up a few trails and a river crossing.

Sadly, it's nearly midnight, so no pics. But i have to say, it's not that dirty, sorry to disappoint. Maybe next weekend after some rain muddies up the tracks a bit.
There might be a small misunderstanding here. While we would love to see some pics of your muddy FJ in your driveway, our preference would be to see the FJ actually on the trail and crossing the river!! :clap:

Look forward to hearing from you next weekend!! :cheers:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nah i know what you mean. We didn't exactly plan it all that well, just grabbed the National Park map and went for a drive. I wanted to get to this place i'd camped at as a kid. There was snow up there last weekend, but it was just pretty dry and dusty. Where this particular river is, they are doing some water relocation project, so there's a bunch of construction work going on.

Will endeavour for something better next time :p

·
Registered
77 Posts

Went for a beach drive/ beach fish this arvo with a few mates. What a great day.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Moritz,
Any rubbing issues with your 285s? It lokks fairly standard currently
Just wondering cause I have ordered 285 Mickey ATZs

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah just the tiniest bit on the mud guard. It's soft and moves out of the way but it misses the body mount which is where you'd have real dramas.
It still is pretty much stock apart from tires and a few factory bits and bobs. Tow bar is on and the rock rails were added today. A visit to arb today confirmed that there is affair bit more money to be splashed at it yet.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts