Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying cover on, off, no frisbee etc.. this is what I came up with.
30.00 of digicam vinyl and about an hour on the kitchen counter.

No pics on the FJ though, its been in the body shop 3 weeks after a giant maple tree fell on it... hope to have it back this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,470 Posts
No. I wish I had one to protect my black TRD spare wheel.

I would paint it black and call him George.

Digi cam is not my thing as with any camo...so I don't dig it...but hey just my humble opinion. I like the idea of vinyl wrapping it though. Good work.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Nice work. Post some pics with it installed.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Looks "TACTICAL" that might piss off USMC FJ.......:rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I tried that with mine, but couldn't stand the wrinkles, as I must not be a good "wrapper".

I left it on for about a week hoping the sun would help me out, but it ended up making it worse, as it kept peeling up at the two deepest ridges. Now mine sits in the garage somewhere.

The bubbles and wrinkles aren't that visible on yours, so either you're a better "wrapper" than me, or the pattern helps (mine wasn't digital).

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
What the heck is that?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Looks "TACTICAL" that might piss off USMC FJ.......:rofl:
Here we go again.:simmadown::lol:Hey. If you like it that's all that counts. :rocker::wave:
Mikey. It's a Camo Frisbee.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I'd try that again but next time use some soapy water sprayed onto the frisbee itself to give you some wiggle room as you work the vinyl into place, and use a heat gun to stretch the wrinkles out of it as you go.

Or have it sent off to have the same pattern applied using water transfer printing / hydrographics.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
nice! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts