Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote from a local dealer and wanted to know if this is a good deal. 4x2 auto with convenience package and floor mats. MSRP $25,744, my price $23,751. Is this a good deal? Any recommendations on dealerships in socal?

thanks

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Are you ever planning on going off road??? If so, buy a 4x4. Plus the resale is higher on a 4x4.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I've had numerous purchases at Longo and have always been pretty painless. If I may suggest, you should not rule out 4x4s based on price. It is a lot more fun and chances are, you'll go to more places that you've never thought about before.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
I've had numerous purchases at Longo and have always been pretty painless. If I may suggest, you should not rule out 4x4s based on price. It is a lot more fun and chances are, you'll go to more places that you've never thought about before.
I fully agree. The 4x4 has opened up a world of fun for me and the family. The 4x2 is capable but nowhere near the 4x4. It's a bummer when we have a trail run and some folks are restricted to the lesser trails. In my opinion there should have never been a 2wd option for a truck like this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought a 4x4 with offroad package and the C7 package that comes with the roof rack, hitch, and tire cover almost 3 months ago for 24,900 (MSRP was 29,500).

Keep looking around, and get them to give you the lowest prices possible, then lowball them on the last day of the month.

The price your getting for a 4x2 is just a bit over a grand if you compare it to what I purchased.

I got mine from South Coast Toyota, and to be honest with you I'll never go back there for service because I had a few issues with them after I purchased it. The deal I got was one hell of a deal... to me at least.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You can make a 4x4 a 4x2 with the push of a leaver and back.
You cant make a 4x2 in to much, The one or 2 times you will need a 4x4 you be glad u have it. Most people who by a 4x2 get a 4x4 next time.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
4x4 if you plan on going off road if not i think thats kind of high for a 2wd.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I agree with the post regarding Longo. They are the #1 Toyota dealer in the world, have a huge inventory and are very good with customer satisfaction. You can check the invoice prices on Edmunds.com to keep whatever dealer you choose honest however. I also would not rule our a 4X4. You can always keep it in 4X2 when you don't want or need it, but if you don't have it when you do need it, you are screwed!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Internet sales at Toyota Carlsbad, Justin Werner was my salesman. The only thing I negotiated was for bumper driving lights, he also got me more than what I thought I would get for my trade in.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought a 4x4 with offroad package and the C7 package that comes with the roof rack, hitch, and tire cover almost 3 months ago for 24,900 (MSRP was 29,500).

I got mine from South Coast Toyota, and to be honest with you I'll never go back there for service because I had a few issues with them after I purchased it. The deal I got was one hell of a deal... to me at least.

Good luck!

monstor...try Manhatan Beach Toyota for service, they're very reputable and FJ friendly.

mr zero...I highly recomend a 4X4 if your going to be spending $24k even if you're not into 4 wheeling, it'll allow you more options and resale value...try Manhatan Beach Toyota for a good price, be aggressive, know what you want and buy at the end of the month if you can...good luck!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mr. Zero, I have to add that you might want to check out Claremont Toyota. They've been very friendly to FJs. They've even hosted our last Meet and Greet.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Claremont had some really good deals when on new FJs when I was looking around. Check the LA Times Classified for FJ deals.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I paid $100 over invoice for my auto/4x4 at Puente Hills Toyota. Came with a life time warranty on the power train as well (No charge). My salesman may have been full of it, but he said they're the only dealer in CA that offers the free lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
613 Posts
We have a dealer here that offers the "free lifetime powertrain warranty" as well. The ONLY thing they require is that you get every single service that ever needs to be done by them and on time. That means every oil change, every bit of everything. You also have to do each and every thing the manufacturer and they recommend at each service interval. Basically you're talking $100,000 in work in order to get their "free" warranty.

Yours may be different. Just read the fine print.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
i would think that you could do better than that talk to the internet person at the stealership of your choice, check out craigslist or other similair sites and get a 4x4 you wont regret it.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I got mine at Puente Hills Toyota, the sales people are crappy, they lie to you about stuff, but you can get a good price if you come armed with information. I won't go into details about my transaction but, the price I paid out the door was very good. Make sure to deal with the Internet manager only.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I got mine at Puente Hills Toyota, the sales people are crappy, they lie to you about stuff, but you can get a good price if you come armed with information. I won't go into details about my transaction but, the price I paid out the door was very good. Make sure to deal with the Internet manager only.
PH... eeks. I ran away from them. Sales was HORRIBLE.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.