Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
PH... eeks. I ran away from them. Sales was HORRIBLE.
I agree sales people are super crappy, but who cares as long as you get a good price.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Have you tried to have service done there? eheh. I unfortunately made that mistake-once.

·
Registered
947 Posts
anyone work directly at Toyota in socal? PM me! I tried almost all the referrals on here and prices were not really that great. Im not looking for a steal, but with mention of high gas price, 4x4, SUV, all in the same sentence, I was hoping for something a little better than $500 or so over invoice ive been getting... at least a good rate! In any case, Im thinking longo toyota?

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
YOu should be talking to internet managers. They are the ones that deal with the real numbers, and not the inflated prices of the sales floor.

In another post in this section, a Toyota internet sales guy said to look at the invoice price. Take $400-$600 off the price, and you are halfway into holdback (the internet manager will know what I'm talking about). THAT is what you should be paying for an FJ ALL DAY LONG. Remember, your best line to the sales staff will be "How many have you sold in the last month? Gas guzzling SUV sales are way off. If you want to sell this FJ, I want it for $400 under invoice." No not argue, do not haggle, do not say anything else. If they start to counter-offer, simply turn around mid-sentence and walk out. Either they will sell it tom you at that price, or you will get it somewhere else at that price.

Let me call the internet sales guy I bought mine from at Huntington Beach Toyota. I'm almost positive they'll do it at that price.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Any news for the toyota nationwide clearance? Ive been checking with all my local dealers but so far, nothing popping up.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Up here in the great white north we have "New Canadian Pricing" on most everything these days what with the sales going in the dumper over gas prices. Domestics are insane. I saw an 08 Dodge Ram extra cab 4x4 for under $24K....For up here that has been a $37K truck for years.....But anyway Toyota is chucking in with a $2000 gas card or equal price reduction.....Brings a base 4x4 auto into the $29,000 area.....

I am out of the loop on 4x2's because I may be wrong but I don't even think they are sold up here. The other thing we can't order here is a base model with steelies....All models come equipped with alloys.

But I concur with the others that it sounds a tad high for a 4x2.....even in the eastern states it sounds high....Get the 4x4, you won't be disappointed....We promise.

·
Registered
452 Posts
here ducky, give these guys a try and see if they're willing to go $500 over sticker;

Manhattan Beach Toyota Fleet|Internet Showroom[model_id]=586

make sure you deal with the internet people, looks like they're dealing right now...you probably would have had more leverage a couple of days ago, they useaully deal more at the end of the month.

reconsider a 4 wheel drive, it'll open up a whole new world...good luck!

·
fka Mojave FJ
470 Posts
here ducky, give these guys a try and see if they're willing to go $500 over sticker;

Manhattan Beach Toyota Fleet|Internet Showroom[model_id]=586

make sure you deal with the internet people, looks like they're dealing right now...you probably would have had more leverage a couple of days ago, they useaully deal more at the end of the month.

reconsider a 4 wheel drive, it'll open up a whole new world...good luck!
I hope you mean $500 over invoice but that's still a little high considering the current market.

·
Registered
947 Posts
hehe... thanks guys. Im giving manhattan beach toyota a run through and see what they can do. I hope its not $500 over sticker! :D... it seems most are willing to do slightly under invoice with the clearance going on, and while I think clearance + end of month quota would be nice, I dont want to wait too long... there may be a limited supply of the 4x4 6 speed I want! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
you could prob get a 4x4 for the same price maybe a little higher.Go to Longo Toyota that place has deals.My pops got his FJC 500 under invoice.

BTW get a 4x4

·
Registered
178 Posts
My brother in law is doing Internet Sales at Toyota of San Juan Capistrano. If anyone is interested in an Fj or Taco, he is the man to deal with. He got me a smoking deal on my Fj and is very easy to deal with. You can PM me for details.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I just received the circular ad from kearny mesa toyota. Says in big bold letters, $6000 of MSRP ALL 2008 FJ Cruisers in stock for the labor day weekend, and free BBQ too. Now that is what Im talking about! Oh, and you can check their stock at kmtoyota.com. No MT, which is a deal-breaker for me, but they have excellent service and ~10 FJs to choose from.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Another update...probably old news by now. Toyota is offering factory cashback at $1000 or 4.9% financing. Combine the cashback with $700 off invoice (easy enough to negotiate), plus student/military discounts of $400, and youre looking at $2100 off invoice. Course 4.9% may be more attractive, depending on your situation. I think offer is available nationwide.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
that is too high for a 4x2 what year model?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
get a 4x4.and for a couple bucks more you can do more with the FJC.:rocker:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts