Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

601 - 620 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just a heads up...
Just got done driving down the mountain from Big Bear tonight and it was comepletely rained out and foggy with about a foot of visibility in front. Be careful going up this weekend!

On a side note, how long is the Joshua tree trip expected to last? Have plans that night around 7:30 but would love to make the trip.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Just a heads up...
Just got done driving down the mountain from Big Bear tonight and it was comepletely rained out and foggy with about a foot of visibility in front. Be careful going up this weekend!

On a side note, how long is the Joshua tree trip expected to last? Have plans that night around 7:30 but would love to make the trip.
Replied on FB but I think we should be done before nightfall so before 5ish?

·
Registered
230 Posts
As Freshchip119 said we should be done before 5pm...
We will stop to explore mines and enjoy the park...
Depends on the pace, once we get to Pinto Basin Road we'll reassess how we're doing on time...
It is a paved road that goes through the park, if we all or someone wants to leave then it's an easy and fast exit. @FreshChip119 @alusteg @Ammoman @jamesepoop

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Big Bear run is a no go, considered joining the JT run but I've been itching explore Anza Borrego.

Anyone have some tips/suggestions for a first time visit? Specifically the Sandstone Canyon trail. I read it's a right fit and there is a hard obstacle towards the end.

Plan on camping out also.
Heading out Saturday morning just in case anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
We all got it bad but i couldn't take it. Made a stop off at the car wash :laugh

Nice meeting you folks today. What a great group and lots of adventurous moments. Thank you strikerca for organizing!

I'll have pictures up tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great run! Great group! Had a blast; looking forward to another outing. My family sends thank-you's all around, for organizing, participating, and sharing. Love using the rig for what it was designed for and seeing how everyone's setups work. Next time we'll [hopefully] stay for the entirety. Going through pics/vids tonight; will post asap.

Spent the evening cleaning the interior...looks brand-new; I left the "protective coating" on the outside, though!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Message me your Email me if you want your pictures. Here's the highlight reel from my cam

Long line for the restroom

Even ammoman's pup waited

It was like Disneyland. Everyone had their pics taken. U.S. copyright states whoever clicked the shutter owns the shot even though it's my cam. Thanks freshchip's gf lol great mudder shots though

A perfect day to go wheeling

Shootin'

Climbing

And hanging with good folks

601 - 620 of 1301 Posts