Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

621 - 640 of 1301 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like there's some chatter over on FB about Anza on Saturday. I'd be up for that, but I have prior commitments that day...maybe if a Sunday or Monday run pops up...

·
Registered
126 Posts
heading up to big bear tomorrow for some snow fun with a lady friend, has anyone been up the back trail in the past few days? wondering since ill be going up by myself.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Big Bear just got upwards of 2 ft of snow. Everybody and their grandma will be up here this weekend. Be ready for high traffic and long chain check lines :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Big Bear just got upwards of 2 ft of snow. Everybody and their grandma will be up here this weekend. Be ready for high traffic and long chain check lines :)
do they do chain checks on the OHV trails? and i also thought you didnt need chains if your 4x4?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
do they do chain checks on the OHV trails? and i also thought you didnt need chains if your 4x4?
If you are 4WD you don`t need chains but your still going to be waiting in traffic for all the 2WD drive cars coming up here. They don`t have separate lines for cars and 4WD :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you are 4WD you don`t need chains but your still going to be waiting in traffic for all the 2WD drive cars coming up here. They don`t have separate lines for cars and 4WD :)
lol oh ok yeah i figured

·
Registered
420 Posts
No they don't. And they will wave u by depending on your tires. I was there for both Christmas and new years weekend. Took a look at my tires and wave me by , didn't ask about chains.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
The traffic heading down New Years day was nuts! Nuts I Tell Ya!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
It was a nightmare. It took us 2.5hrs to get down from big bear lake down to the base to get on the 210. On new years. And I lost my Toyota flag on the way down :/

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Anza Borrego and Ocotillo was incredible today.
No wind, no dust, freshly wetted trails and soft washes.
2WD High locker hack most of the day, oversteer nirvana.

Finished it off with a sunset on Font's point:smile
Thinking about doing the same trip on Monday (16th). Any suggestions? This will be our first time in Anza Borrego...

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Thinking about doing the same trip on Monday (16th). Any suggestions? This will be our first time in Anza Borrego...
Got your message late, but here's a good loop:

Coyote canyon up and back (visit metal sculptures on way in), Buttes Pass Road and Hike slot canyon (real narrows hike), Continue Buttes to cut across trail, visit 5 palms and seventeen palms with twisty trails, Cut across east on Thule wash to pumpkin patch, Loop back west through Thule and Arroyo Salado wash, south on Ella wash then west on short wash to south on fonts wash to fonts point. Long day.

Hope you did the dif hack, 2wd no traction control is what makes the washes fun.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Got your message late, but here's a good loop:

Coyote canyon up and back (visit metal sculptures on way in), Buttes Pass Road and Hike slot canyon (real narrows hike), Continue Buttes to cut across trail, visit 5 palms and seventeen palms with twisty trails, Cut across east on Thule wash to pumpkin patch, Loop back west through Thule and Arroyo Salado wash, south on Ella wash then west on short wash to south on fonts wash to fonts point. Long day.

Hope you did the dif hack, 2wd no traction control is what makes the washes fun.
Thanks for the info & recommendations! Didn't make it today (kids wanted to go to Cabrillo), and it looks like this weekend will be rainy, so unless the forecast is wrong or changes, no-go for then.

Anyone interested in doing the above loop on Saturday the 28th? I'm putting on my calendar, weather permitting...besides, that gives me time to complete the diff hack

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know if anyone else is interested, but Saturday 28th is a no go. I'd be interested in a Sunday 29th run. I've been wanting to do an Anza run, but never made it out there yet with my last rig.
I've got the 29th clear. If anyone else is up for it, Saturday OR Sunday should work for me...

621 - 640 of 1301 Posts