Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get theses emails from a great org called Stewards of the Sequoia. They need help working on the trails near Lake Isabella. If it were not a 6 hour dive for me I would help. I hope some of you that are closer can find the time.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 3/12/11 TRAIL APPRECIATION EVENT

Dear SoCal FJ Members,

So far only one person has signed up to volunteer at Stewards of the Sequoia Trail Appreciation Event next Saturday March 12. If you are interested in helping keep the trails you love open and in good condition please register now. We would like to have at least two or three more volunteers.

Working on the trails is not only fun but rewarding. Trail work is one of the best ways to help stop trail closure and also guarantees the Forest Service and BLM will look far more favorably at ways to work with us to keep trails open.

We are working with the Forest Service as we speak to determine which trail will be best to work on based on ground conditions and access. We will email all registered volunteers once the location is finalized, but it will be a low elevation trail near Lake Isabella due to snow at higher elevations.

We have not gotten much response for our other Trail Appreciation Days, so if you can't make the 3/12 event please see if you can help out on any of the other Stewards of the Sequoia Trail Appreciation Days and then Register for that date so we contact you with the location. Come up and work to help the trails one day and then ride the next, a real Win-Win.

* 3/12/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
* 4/9/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
* 5/14/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions
* 6/4/11 Location to be determined depending on weather and soil conditions

PLEASE REGISTER and be part of the solution
You can learn more at Stewards of the Sequoia (Events / Schedule)

Stewards of the Sequoia (Membership)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts