Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Well don't I feel like a tool( or should I say, 'spanner' [emoji12] )..Zero's..I believe I owe you an apology for calling you a man..I seen Baz's post start with 'Well done Sarah' and felt a rush of embarrassment surge through me! I'm sorry that I didn't realize that.

Baz, thanks for being subtle about it my friend[emoji1417].

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl::rofl:

Baz has given my disguise away...

This is what I gathered as per Southeast Overland's site

A 3/8" soft shackle made from Samson's Amsteel Blue, Dyneema SK-75 fiber.
Has an average break strength of 29,000 lbs and a working load limit (WLL) of 7,250 lbs at a 4:1 safety factor.

A 1/2" soft shackle made from Samson's Amsteel Blue, Dyneema SK-75 fiber.
Has an average break strength of 42,000 lbs and a working load limit (WLL) of 10,500 lbs at a 4:1 safety factor.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
This is what I gathered as per Southeast Overland's site

A 3/8" soft shackle made from Samson's Amsteel Blue, Dyneema SK-75 fiber.
Has an average break strength of 29,000 lbs and a working load limit (WLL) of 7,250 lbs at a 4:1 safety factor.

A 1/2" soft shackle made from Samson's Amsteel Blue, Dyneema SK-75 fiber.
Has an average break strength of 42,000 lbs and a working load limit (WLL) of 10,500 lbs at a 4:1 safety factor.
The strength depends not only on the diameter of rope used but also on the method of construction. The Bubba Gator jaw rates at 32,000 but doesn't state the rope diameter.

Check out the article in my first link for info..

So much awesome in this thread!

The strength depends not only on the diameter of rope used but also on the method of construction. The Bubba Gator jaw rates at 32,000 but doesn't state the rope diameter.

Check out the article in my first link for info..

Thanks for sharing so much good information. Someone was asking about break strength and I was only attempting to show a comparison to what SE offers. They tie their own as well.
Can't emphasize enough the safety factor in using these. It's definitely a smart investment or project if you can make your own.

I have the original military style "Bubba" rope. We used to yank stuff out like a boss with those. I don't carry it as it big and cumbersome to pack and carry. I need to find a home for it though.

Well I really am sorry[emoji51], and thank God for Baz or this could have went on forever lol!

I can't wait until I can sit down and read through everything in this thread. Thanks again for doing this[emoji1417]

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

So @bazross blew my cover.... Maybe I should now ban VB on here....:blueblob:
Hahahaha I recall making the same mistake. I remember when you posted pictures of when you drove the ice road and I thought "wow - he looks pretty feminine!" then you posted a pic of some certificate some time later, I saw your name, and finally got it! I'm pretty sure I addressed you as male a few times as well...

So @bazross blew my cover.... Maybe I should now ban VB on here....:blueblob:
One does not simply ban VB. It's an idea! A belief! A way of life. Generated by those in the know. Take it away and we will only be stronger.

:facelick:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
One does not simply ban VB. It's an idea! A belief! A way of life. Generated by those in the know. Take it away and we will only be stronger.

:facelick:
ooops... sorry S....
:lol:
cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

Noooooo.... you can't ban VB... !!!!!!
:rofl::rofl:
Just jealous as no real colour options when I bought so had to settle on grey...:wink

Discussion starter · #36 · (Edited)
:rofl:
It does seem that SK75 is most common in VB :blueblob:
.... hahahaha, and grey...
I've been looking for other colours and its proving challenging to source
:smile:

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:
Red, white, yellow blue and gey from Germany...presumably Liros... more colours in 4mm for marine from Kingfisher, Maffioni etc and all the colours you like from China!

Anyway I was referring to the FJ not the rope...lol

Reactions: bazross
21 - 40 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.