Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I could find searching was that everybody pretty much said screw it and went with the Husky one piece for the rear mat. I really like the TRD mats that came in the truck, someone has got to have a unique solution....(clip, snap, etc...) Wanna use hardware not adhesives, hopefully using some prior mounting hole (not a big fan of drilling new holes). Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! (with pics) Thanks

PS Im Anthony Pettis kicking the first person who mentions Velcro....look up dude's video, sickest MMA head kick ever! :rocker:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what your problem is. So you need the rubber mat for the rear, or you have one but it keeps moving around on you? I don't know about the trd ones, but you can buy the thick rubber mat that was a factory option. They are "held" in place by the four tie down loops. Mine stays in place pretty well, except if I have something heavy back there and I drag it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you thought about trying Velcro? :lol: A little more info on the issue you are having would help.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think he's talking about the rear seats not the rear cargo area. I've had an issue with them always getting pushed forward and under the front seats when passengers are in the back.

I haven't looked for a solution because it doesn't bother me all that much. But maybe you could cut a small hole in the mat and attach it to one the the bolts that hold the seat hinge in place...I'll have to look more closely to see if that would work.

Oh yeah and you could try velcro....:wave:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
watch out, he's warming up his head kicking foot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its the mats sliding around in the back seat area. Front ones are awesome, they have the two retention clips to keep them from sliding around, looking for something like that for the rear ones. LMAO at Hoverdogs though....:rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts