Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
This bozo drove a FJ from LA to Seattle to review it and it doesn't sound like he took it offroad once:
"Seattle was a fitting city to test out this vehicle" he wrote. :silly: Some people just don't get it....

Long-Term Road Tests - FJ Cruiser: "The Car that Ate Seattle"
This guy must be pee-wee herman. He says the FJ is huge. I love the FJ because its small and nimble and gets good mileage. I bet he wears his girlfriends ex-boyfriends tee shirts as pajamas.

I should put him in my old gasser excursion. He wouldnt be able to find his way out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
That guy was so full of crap I have no doubt the inside of that car turned brown by the end of his trip.

"keeping a 45 degree angle at best which provides little usable additional cargo space."

Lolol. What a maroon. I'm not so sure he even drove the thing, much less having the engineering insight to comment on the how the roof rack affects stability and crosswinds.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I like it when idiots like him wright bad reviews ! It keeps all the other idiots from buying 1 !

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That was...funny. I always thought that Edmunds was a bit above the other "Auto" web sites (like Yahoo!, etc...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
He used the high axle clearance to navigate the back streets in downtown Seattle, and gravel driveways......Bwaaaa ha ha ha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :twak: :twak:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was...funny. I always thought that Edmunds was a bit above the other "Auto" web sites (like Yahoo!, etc...)
I think anyone can post a blog review of any vehicle on there, as long as they register.
If you're interested, you can also register and post a review of this bozo's review. :fight:

·
Registered
953 Posts
This guy must be pee-wee herman. He says the FJ is huge. I love the FJ because its small and nimble and gets good mileage. I bet he wears his girlfriends ex-boyfriends tee shirts as pajamas.

I should put him in my old gasser excursion. He wouldnt be able to find his way out.
The tee shirts comment is way funny!:rofl:
Alien

·
Registered
341 Posts
All right - my two cents...

It seems like this guy was getting paid, didn't pay for gas, drive 2,700 plus miles - If you got an opportunity to drive an FJ Cruiser....and don't go off-road!!! = You got problems! Go harp on the thing, see what it can do!!! frikken putz.

Really, perhaps he works for GM. :D If so, that's great!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was reading the review in either Car and Driver or the Consumer Guide and it stated it could not give the car all the full circle's (which is a good rating) because it was not the best for on road driving and due to some other things that would make it more of a pure grocery gettter. It stated that it was a Toyota and "Probably good off-road" and would appeal to that type of crowd.

·
Registered
87 Posts
"If the back isn't in use, folding the seats down is somewhat useless as the seats don’t fold completely flat, keeping a 45 degree angle at best which provides little usable additional cargo space. Our Pontiac Vibe could likely fit a similar volume of stuff."

Well, if you can't figure out how to fold the seats down I'm not really sure you should be driving, much less reviewing. And that roof rack! It must indeed be so heavy that it totally alters the stability of the vehicle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
"This is an oversized ute that is large simply for the sake of being large. Getting a handle on the perceived size of the FJ is an exercise in creative design interpretation. While the H3 plays on the H2's design to make the vehicle seem larger than it really is, the FJ uses a light top and "Tonka" toy design to give the appearance it isn't as large."

Um, the FJ is in between the Rav4 and Highlander in wheelbase. I would not call that large

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"This is an oversized ute that is large simply for the sake of being large. Getting a handle on the perceived size of the FJ is an exercise in creative design interpretation. While the H3 plays on the H2's design to make the vehicle seem larger than it really is, the FJ uses a light top and "Tonka" toy design to give the appearance it isn't as large."

Um, the FJ is in between the Rav4 and Highlander in wheelbase. I would not call that large
I hear that. This guy must be a real shirmp. And believe it or not, the FJC is classified as a small SUV with the RAV4 on Toyota's lineup!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
My favorite part was about the roof rack. "Toyota engineers didn't account for the bulk and weight of the roof rack when designing the suspension". Huh? What? Where did he get that information? I'm sure he called toyotas lead vehicle design team on the FJ and got that question answered. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts