Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some exclusive photos of the FJ Cruiser we took at SEMA. Click on the thumbnails to see the larger versions. More to come!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am guessing that color is the Titanium. It has a green hue but the outdoor photo looks like it is probably the titanium.

I saw another pic of that truck outside and it looked great.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Please give us this color!!--------it avoids the lack of contrast problem associated with the previous silver color viewed @ the off-road expo and Leno show.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've also got tons of pics of both production FJ's (and all the other vehicles in the Toyota booth @ SEMA). I also met one of the designers of the FJ and I've got some VERY JUICY information from him. But I don't know if I'll divulge it here. It may be released in another format somewhere. Stay tuned.

I'll post the pics in a new thread this week. I've got a LOT of them to go through.

As for the color of the one in the shots above - it will not be available. For one thing - it's a flat/satin finish which Toyota has not perfected yet. They're not comfortable releasing a car with porous paint to the public until they've done some more research on it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
He probably heard that in the next year or two they are going to offer a convertible option, which I've read in various places.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I can say that at SEMA, when asked about a convertible option, both the head engineer (the FJ's daddy) and the chief of marketing laughed it off. However, I can tell you that TOYOTA has been reading this site to get ideas for what is yet to come for the FJ Cruiser. They are relying on us for what we want to see. It has been built and is being tailored towards what we want. I wouldn't be surprised to see a solid front axle being offered in the next couple of years. Honestly, after seeing this and meeting the people behind the machine, nothing would surprise me.

They have built us an able-bodied off-road capable machine that can handle the rugged Rubicon Trail, right out of the crate. And... as if that weren't enough, I made it a point to talk to the aftermarket vendors that currently build the bad-ass toys for the Jeeps. They ALL said that they plan on building the same types of toys for the FJ Cruiser as soon as they can get their hands on it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Percy, will Toyota work with the local Cruiser clubs (SNLC comes to mind) when it is available?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Mace, they are already working with the clubs. Half the people at the after party were from local clubs and clubs in Salt Lake. They are all about getting reliable input from sources that know what they want to see and what they need. You aren't going to get reliable off-road vehicle input from a bunch of soccer moms. You get that information from club members. Clubs like the Land Cruiser clubs and the Jeep clubs are groups of people who habitually beat the ever-livin' crap out of their machines. Who else is going to know more about what they want to see in an off-road machine? I think Toyota is on top of this and I wouldn't be surprised if ALL of our needs were met in the next 5 years. It's safe to say if you don't see what you want out of the first release, hang tight. They have said that they plan on releasing one special edition every year to keep people excited about it. I would imagine the color spectrum will grow as will the different accessories and mods available for it. They said there will be over 40 available Toyota accessories as soon as it releases! That's pretty awesome for a brand new vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Percy said:
Mace, they are already working with the clubs. Half the people at the after party were from local clubs and clubs in Salt Lake. They are all about getting reliable input from sources that know what they want to see and what they need. You aren't going to get reliable off-road vehicle input from a bunch of soccer moms. You get that information from club members. Clubs like the Land Cruiser clubs and the Jeep clubs are groups of people who habitually beat the ever-livin' crap out of their machines. Who else is going to know more about what they want to see in an off-road machine? I think Toyota is on top of this and I wouldn't be surprised if ALL of our needs were met in the next 5 years. It's safe to say if you don't see what you want out of the first release, hang tight. They have said that they plan on releasing one special edition every year to keep people excited about it. I would imagine the color spectrum will grow as will the different accessories and mods available for it. They said there will be over 40 available Toyota accessories as soon as it releases! That's pretty awesome for a brand new vehicle.

I was at the after party. Unfortunately, after inviting the SNLC group formally they forgot to give them any tickets.. So most of them did not show up.

I wonder if we met there???

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Maybe, I was up front next to the Mechanic training manager from Toyota. Second Lazyboy from the left facing the giant monitors running the Land Cruiser videos.

It was definitely a cool event.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi..I am new in this forum..I would like to know the expected price of this animal.
Cannot wait to buy one..but do not know what colour should I choose?!
Which is better manual or automatic?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Hello Mderad,
This forum is pretty new so we're all pretty new to it as well. There's still a lot of specualtion on the price, and what Toyota meant when they said it would be an "extraordinary value", or was it "remarkable value", or maybe "surprisingly affordable." Toyota isn't giving many hints but it looks like the base model might be in the low twenties and a fully loaded model in the high 20s or low 30s, if you get gyroscopic attitude control. (j/k, please don't start any more rumors). And there's a whole thread on auto v. manual. I'm getting an automatic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts