Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My FJ had this winch on it when I bought it. Cant find any real distinguishing marks on it. It fell apart almost completely in the bumper, so I took it apart and replaced it with a new one. Its a smittybuilt XRC - not sure what generation.

I thought I would take the old one, put it back together and use it for a rear winch in the receiver on tough trips. Its all back together and looks like it will work but I cant figure out the wiring. All the connections were broken off except one so I am not sure where anything goes and nothing is marked on the solenoid, or the motor. The motor does have a blue and yellow wire but is only 2 wires. All the schematics I find have 3 wires on the motor. I look online and cant find anything that looks like this exactly, just sort of close. The 2 that are connected in the pics are just a guess.

Anyone recognize this? or better yet, have a pic of how its hooked up? Even if you know how to take values off the contacts to determine whats what? Or use a generic relay? I thought of fusing it really well and just trying but thats kind of scary. Any advice welcome and thank you

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,100 Posts
My inclination would be to replace the solenoid pack or at least bench test it.

Can’t help with the specific unit but here’s the wiring diagram for my Superwinch which may be of some use to you for figuring it out as the basic operation and wiring will be the same.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts