Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pretty pointless thread but I have to throw it out there in case some people don't know.....

So I'm sitting in the Stan and anyone who has ever been in the military knows that the 2 things you try to avoid bringing up are religion and politics. Well with me there is a 3rd thing you don't bring up, 4x4's. When I am passionate about something I have to know everything about it, including history. In this case, the FJ.....

So this arguement started when my buddy told me I should trade my FJ in for a new Rubicon, I could feel the blood begin to boil. And I asked him why and his reply was, "Jeep has been and will always be the best 4x4 available. Toyota tried to copy but failed, Should call the FJ a Hummer H4." Like I said earlier, I am very passionate about the history of the FJ, so I felt it was my duty to crush his little ol' heart....So here is my history lesson for any troll Jeepers on here. I got this from Wikipedia back in 2008.

-1950 - The Korean War created demand for a military light utility vehicle. The war put a Jeep on Japan's doorstep. The United States government ordered 100 vehicles with the new Willys specs and Toyota was asked to build them. (The beginning of a 4x4 legend)
-1951 - In July 1951, Toyota's test driver Ichiro Taira drove the next generation of the Jeep BJ prototype up to the sixth stage of Mount Fuji, the first vehicle to climb that high.

For those of you scratching your heads, the original name was Toyota "Jeep" BJ.....The name later changed to Land Cruiser, and a legend was born.

Those were 2 facts that shut him up quickly....Again, pointless thread but it made me :flame:

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,237 Posts
Your missing the point...I'm not knocking Jeep, just the Jeep guys that think the FJ is a barnd new concept that Toyota just came up with...It is what it is.
I got your point, you said you were a history buff and 4X4 enthusiat. Figured if you hadn't already read up on it, it would give you something to read in your down time.

Stay Safe

:cheers:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ever hear the phrase, "It's like talking to a brick wall?" Well "brick wall" and "jeep owner" are rather synonymous.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Ever hear the phrase, "It's like talking to a brick wall?" Well "brick wall" and "jeep owner" are rather synonymous.
They Arent typically "Brick Wall', As media fed. My Son-in-law is key example. 22, Not your gear head type, but has always drove a truck. After He joined the family He felt the need to express his Knowledge of 4X4's.. The typical "Jeeps are better" story... I simply asked him why.( I know the history of jeep both from reading and military) I get well if they arent so great them why do all the magazines have them on their cover, and why do they advertise mainly Jeep products.. No one knows the history. No one knows that 14 car builders have come and gone and noone knows they existed... You cant hold the ignorance to them if we are the ones feeding it to them.
My favorite part is FORD Not chrysler built the first Jeep... Sorta..So did a couple of other manufactures.....:wave:
My opinion... This isnt pointless... Its good solid info.

·
Registered
477 Posts
It's nice to see they're bringing back Voodoo Blue for 2012.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
Yes owning both can be a Biatch too. My jeep friends call my FJ "Fake Jeep" I tell them to F-Off .lol I can't wait till the next meeting and they can see the new SC.
I see nothing wrong with your garage, or your avatar for that matter. I salute your choices sir! :bigthumb:

As for the 'Uneducated-Jeep-Owner' Syndrome, there have been a surprising number of times that someone in a public parking lot or on the other side of a gas pump wanted to tell me their Jeep is better than my Toyota, and I got to ask them where it was because they don't drive it on a daily basis like I drive the FJ.

It is what it is, indeed. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
That's great, but don't you think they should be making them more like this?
How dare you suggest that auto makers produce fun and interesting vehicles for us to enjoy.

That's what we have characters like you for! :lol:

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's the 2012 prototype.. I'll be lifting it at least another foot and putting 60 KC Daylighters all over it.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
That's the 2012 prototype.. I'll be lifting it at least another foot and putting 60 KC Daylighters all over it.
It's about time. 20 years overdue if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts