Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of my Supercharger & Evaluation

:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

1. I love the sound with TRD exhaust yet mello at 75mph cruising.
2. The power is pretty linear unlike the 335I bmw twin turbo.
3. Lots of power its a new SUV literally.
4. It literally leaves smoking burnouts with an automatic Trans.
5. I will update MPG when I take a trip this weekend.

Install with an oil change was $715 bought the kit on ebay new with free shipping and install kit for $3890. Not the cheapest but far better than MSRP.

I saw this green FJ with a black top so I snapped a quick pic too.

Next is to get my FJ Wrapped I haven't decided if I'm going with all carbon fiber wrap or something really crazy like skulls, flames and Transformers. I got a quote today entire vehicle wrap $1800-$2000
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence 2 Prathumnak

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
How does the quickness compare to the 335i?

I'm thinking of picking one up in the summer since I am getting into real estate, just wonder how quick it is compared to my FJ and a SC FJ

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Some pics of my Supercharger & Evaluation

How does the quickness compare to the 335i?

I'm thinking of picking one up in the summer since I am getting into real estate, just wonder how quick it is compared to my FJ and a SC FJ
Quicker from the start is my first observation but power all around 3000rpm and up is very similar. The sound is so much better on the FJ it makes you feel like your going faster than you are I'm sure. I'll see if I can make a video this weekend with my buddy driving the 335I. Its is the 335CI so its 450lbs heavier but still twin turbo and has a chip box and exhaust. Seat of the pants it will be real close on the road.

Don't buy a used 335I they had huge problems with the turbos and fuel pumps. Mine should have been lemon lawed but I was to busy to mess with it and bmw had great service so I just sucked it up.
________
DEPAKOTE LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Do I see the beginning of a TRD SC thread? Nice pix and post up the fun stuff when you can. Thx

·
Registered
576 Posts
Quicker from the start is my first observation but power all around 3000rpm and up is very similar. The sound is so much better on the FJ it makes you feel like your going faster than you are I'm sure. I'll see if I can make a video this weekend with my buddy driving the 335I. Its is the 335CI so its 450lbs heavier but still twin turbo and has a chip box and exhaust. Seat of the pants it will be real close on the road.

Don't buy a used 335I they had huge problems with the turbos and fuel pumps. Mine should have been lemon lawed but I was to busy to mess with it and bmw had great service so I just sucked it up.
That would be awesome!

Really? My friend has had a 07' and 09' with no problems. I'll have to look into this more.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Why oh why do they not make a kit compatible with the 2010?!

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Congrats on the S/C...looks nice.

The 335's are extremely fast with 0-60 times under 5 seconds....and with some performance upgrades like a chip intake and exhaust they are unbelievably fast.

The Fj is a larger un-aerodynamic SUV, there is not too much of a comparison
Yeah, I can't believe they even tried to make that comparison. A 335i weighs 1000-2000lbs less than a stock/modified FJ & produces the same HP as a S/C FJ. Let alone the comparison they actually provided between the two.

There is no comparison & they won't be that close on the road.

For a stock to stock comparison (with S/C)....
335i - 11.9 power to weight ratio
FJ S/C w AT - 14.3 power to weight ratio

If your not aware, lower numbers are better.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 335's are extremely fast with 0-60 times under 5 seconds....and with some performance upgrades like a chip intake and exhaust they are unbelievably fast.

The Fj is a larger un-aerodynamic SUV, there is not too much of a comparison

I used to own a chipped 335i. It's not even a real comparison.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Congrats on the S/C...looks nice.

Yeah, I can't believe they even tried to make that comparison. A 335i weighs 1000-2000lbs less than a stock/modified FJ & produces the same HP as a S/C FJ. Let alone the comparison they actually provided between the two.

There is no comparison & they won't be that close on the road.

For a stock to stock comparison (with S/C)....
335i - 11.9 power to weight ratio
FJ S/C w AT - 14.3 power to weight ratio

If your not aware, lower numbers are better.
How much power does a S/C FJC put down to the wheels? I know chipped 335i puts down around 330-350 rwhp not to mention the crazy torque.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Some pics of my Supercharger & Evaluation

I went through five fuel pumps which leaves you stranded on the side of the road or if your lucky to drive 5mph to get off the HWY. Two first stage turbo's and all kinds of problems with the top stuck in the half way point of up or down. BMW never said no and always fixed it but this is my wives (X WIFE) car and she needs reliability. My understanding was BMW didn't have a fix for the fuel pump so just kept putting in the defective designed pump. Search fuel pump 335i lots of pissed off people. We traded the 2008 bmw 335i for a 2010 335i because its a great car and BMW gave us $5000 toward the new car and the 2010 has a differently designed fuel pump. I like it because its quick, handles great, quiet inside via hard top convertible and I can throw my two kids in the back seat with lots of room (Trunk sucks).

Fj will probably lose but It will be fun and I like fun..
________
apartments in Pattaya

1 - 20 of 37 Posts