Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
S/C FJ is 304 @ crank - 335i stock is ~300 @ crank. Consistent points used for power to weight.

I agree with you that its not a close comparison at all when you factor weight in. Obviously mods to the 335 make it even more impressive.
335i was underrated. It's more like 320-330 to the crank.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Re: Some pics of my Supercharger & Evaluation

The FJ will lose unless you are using a very poor diver on the 335i.

FJ S/C times (on modified S/C) are usually around 6.2s 0-60mph & 15s 1/4mile.
The 335i stock runs 4.9s 0-60 & 13.2s 1/4 mile.
My daddy taught me to never pick on people smaller than me. LOl. I could put him in my 4.0 I6 TJ wrangler with 35" MTR's and a 6" lift but that wouldn't be much of a challenge for the FJ and the next Muddy event I would probably get my a$$ kicked for doing it. Other than that I have a 1993 40th anniversary vette, I can only work with what I have available to me.

No matter what I like it and thats what matters. :cheers::cheers:
________
Live sex webshows

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

Yes trdparts4u.com

Forum vendor and sponsor of Amany Texas & national offroad events including the upcoming FJ Summit :rocker:
That makes me happy I went ahead and joined the site myself as a life time member. You guys and gals seem really cool. :cheers:

Wilson what fender flares do you have those are SWEET. Nice FJ Best I've seen so far Congrats

________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

·
Registered
66 Posts
The FJ will lose unless you are using a very poor diver on the 335i.

FJ S/C times (on modified S/C) are usually around 6.2s 0-60mph & 15s 1/4mile.
The 335i stock runs 4.9s 0-60 & 13.2s 1/4 mile.
I wouldn't say all modified S/C FJ's run 15's in the 1/4....:badrazz:

·
Registered
483 Posts
i dont know what looks better, the super charger, or the black roof with the trail teams on the army green.....btw is it painted or vinyl wrapped ??

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

i dont know what looks better, the super charger, or the black roof with the trail teams on the army green.....btw is it painted or vinyl wrapped ??
I will be there Monday I'll get the details and more pics. We have lots of snow today so just for the record the FJ would have destroyed the 335I in a race:clap::lol:
My X couldn't get it in the garage so I had to drive over and plow the drive and salt it I'm such a great X husband:)
________
H0Tandh0Rny

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

A little pissed at the gas mileage 17mpg at 72 dayton to cleveland and 14 cleveland to dayton at 90+mph lol. Fun SC around town pick up is awesome the passing power is no where near the 335I but still pretty good. Trailering two motorcycles and a 7x12 trailer next week will update MPG at 72
________
Avandia Recall

·
Registered
66 Posts
When is it not a good idea (mileage wise) to install the TRD SC? I have 66,000 mi and I thinking of adding this SC on this year or next if its not to late.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Gas mileage is getting better as the thrill is now over. I got 20MPG this trip at 72 to cleveland and back about 500 miles. I'm averaging about 16-18 in town but can easily be under 14 when I feel the need:)

Yes, I would do it again:

·
Registered
276 Posts
kick ass, funny thing was, back in the summer I went down to trade in my 07 330i for a used 09 335i and when they didn't have the interior and color I wanted I walked out, bought a FJ thinking ill supercharge it.

You should get a boost guage and swap out one of gauge clusters. maybe the tiltometer?

make a write up for me to follow!

·
Registered
276 Posts
ohh, and if you got the 7th injection kit, I'd get a part time job at Chevron for a employee discount!

·
Registered
72 Posts
When is it not a good idea (mileage wise) to install the TRD SC? I have 66,000 mi and I thinking of adding this SC on this year or next if its not to late.
Yeah, I was curious of the same thing... I'll have 80k-90k when I'll be able to install one. Since the supercharger itself will be a new component, and the engine has been maintained in accordance with the Toyota schedule, I wouldn't think it would make much difference. I should be able to run it from 90k to 190k just as easily as I would be from 10k - 100k miles, right? Any other thoughts are welcome though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, I was curious of the same thing... I'll have 80k-90k when I'll be able to install one. Since the supercharger itself will be a new component, and the engine has been maintained in accordance with the Toyota schedule, I wouldn't think it would make much difference. I should be able to run it from 90k to 190k just as easily as I would be from 10k - 100k miles, right? Any other thoughts are welcome though.
Not sure about all the implications of installing on a high mileage motor, but mine was at 35K when I installed in November of 2007, now reading 102K.
Still on the original drive belt (but third rear ring and pinion!)>

And yes, I run the trd intake:

And it is a blast to drive, 3 & 1/2 years later, I still grin ear to ear when I drop the hammer down!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Billy. That's a fine looking setup you have there.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts